View Full Version : Question for the ladies regarding Laser Hair removal

ejohnson123
02-08-2007, 05:05 AM
Laser Hair Removal:

I have unwanted hair on my back and shoulders -- I figured that the ladies would know all about having hair lasered off.

Is it permanent? Would you recommend it? What is the normal costs. Is it worth the price?

Thanks

MrsKellyPierce
02-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Laser Hair Removal:

I have unwanted hair on my back and shoulders -- I figured that the ladies would know all about having hair lasered off.

Is it permanent? Would you recommend it? What is the normal costs. Is it worth the price?

Thanks Well I work for a Laser Hair Company and I worked for one in Florida. We use a Candela Laser -- I did also in Florida. It depends on darkness of the hair, and you have to do a series of treatments. For face and body its can take up to 8 to 10 times. Another thing you need to realize, it sheds, it's not magical. It takes about a week or so for it to shed out and you will become clear for a few weeks, then when the growth appears again thats when you go in again for a treatment, about every 6 to 8 weeks, however we allow every 4 weeks for face.

Hmm but everyone that we have had at both companies were happy with their results and less than 3 had to come in for touch ups, however electroysis is the only form of hair removal that has been named permanent

lust4ts
02-08-2007, 05:37 AM
however we allow every 4 weeks for face.

How long for this guy ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MrsKellyPierce
02-08-2007, 05:49 AM
however we allow every 4 weeks for face.

How long for this guy ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: well we'd have to shave him first before we even do the process so maybe 4 weeks still since it's even coarser the more coarse the hair the better

peggygee
02-08-2007, 06:22 AM
There are a number of variables:

Laser hair removal is not for everyone. The absolute requirement
is that one's hair must be darker than the surrounding skin.
Additionally very darkly pigmented people absorb too much laser
energy in their skin and are not candidates for most lasers. These
dark skinned patients require the use of highly specialized lasers
which are only available at selected laser hair removal centers.
Tanned patients with light hair are not candidates. Tanned patients
with dark hair cannot be treated with the usual hair removal lasers.

Light skin makes laser hair removal easier to perform. Fewer
treatments are required, and better, faster results are obtained.
People with darker skin can be treated, but results are
slower, more sessions are required, and greater expertise is
required on the part of the laser center. Laser hair removal must
be individualized for each patient.

Also your hair color may effect your results. Dark hair absorbs
more laser energy and is easier to treat. Coarse dark hair responds
the best to laser treatment. Light hair is more difficult to treat.

Blonde or red hair is very difficult to treat. Multiple treatment
sessions are required, and results are variable. Blonde or red
hair usually contains pheomelanin, which absorbs laser energy
less avidly than the eumelanin pigment which is present in black
or brown hair.

Thus as always your mileage may vary. 8)

blackmagic
02-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Laser Hair Removal:

Thanks

well not just the ladies :wink:

http://www.electrology2000.com/ < painless electrolysis or laser but hella expensive

* looks at beard in the mirror and sees no hair growth, yep laser hair removal is permenant *

check out LeoraMoore post, shes right about that, for me it was 4 payments of 400$ and then it went down to 4 payments of 200 then after that she said fuck it and i got the rest of my sessions for free.

check out this forum it should help alot, theres licensed electrologist on there.
http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

and o man all i gotta say is your brave, i cried during that shit.:cry: good luck if ya go threw with it.