PDA

View Full Version : Is there an option to change board skin?

BillyCuddles
01-18-2007, 05:55 PM
The blue type on pink really really sucks.. I can barely read it at times. I looked for skin options but don't find anything like that. Am I missing it? I saw the board style drop down but it doesn't seem to work.

It sucks being old. http://devoproductions.com/Hot_head.gif

NYCe
01-18-2007, 05:59 PM
There's currently no option to change the colors.

Smog Boy
01-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I like the blue on pink, except when people say "What's with the pink on that site?" and I say "I like the pink". Cue much macho bullshit about pink.

lust4ts
01-18-2007, 07:41 PM
smog boy wrote:
I like the blue on pink, except when people say "What's with the pink on that site?" and I say "I like the pink". Cue much macho bullshit about pink.

For me it has nothing to do with the stigma involved with the colour pink, it's just got a bit tedious sometimes change is a good thing. I think green and black would look nice.

Ecstatic
01-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Sometimes I think the color scheme of HA was picked by a color blind one-eyed drunk throwing darts at a color wheel in a mirror, but at least it's mostly legible. The green hover color against the pink background sucks worse than the blue and pink combo, but I've seen much worse; on some boards (VR take note, lol) the hover color is the same as the background, making a link vanish when you hover your mouse over it. A review of color value, hue and contrast may be in order (such as found in Lynda Weinman's Coloring Web Graphics).

BillyCuddles
01-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Sometimes I think the color scheme of HA was picked by a color blind one-eyed drunk throwing darts at a color wheel in a mirror, but at least it's mostly legible. The green hover color against the pink background sucks worse than the blue and pink combo, but I've seen much worse; on some boards (VR take note, lol) the hover color is the same as the background, making a link vanish when you hover your mouse over it. A review of color value, hue and contrast may be in order (such as found in Lynda Weinman's Coloring Web Graphics).

My problem is I, most often, cannot read the blue text laid over the dark pink field. I have no problem reading black over pink, but the current combination does not work for all users.

IT DOES SUCKhttp://devoproductions.com/Enter_tongue.gif

Ecstatic
01-18-2007, 11:12 PM
My problem is I, most often, cannot read the blue text laid over the dark pink field. I have no problem reading black over pink, but the current combination does not work for all users.

IT DOES SUCKhttp://devoproductions.com/Enter_tongue.gif
Yeah, the blue on pink is bad, though I can read it. The green hover on pink is even harder to read. Wait: maybe I should have 2-3 shots of whisky, then check back; maybe the color combo works better when one is inebriated!

j/k

mofungo
08-09-2007, 02:23 AM
I have overcome the 'retina-burn' of trying to read blue on hot pink by using Mozilla Firefox instead of IE. Just install Firefox (free download), then install the 'Web Developer' plugin (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60). After they're both installed, a new toolbar will appear a 'Disable' button; Click on 'Disable' and you can select 'Disable page colors'.

Vala_TS
08-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Please don't change the board's color scheme, the blue, pink and purple go quite nicely for a board like this. Either make it optional to the user or keep it the way it is please!

Vala,

mofungo
08-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Don't worry Vala; no one's changing any colors.

I was simply reviving an old thread for the benefit of those who might like to override the grotesque color scheme for the sake of readability.

dgml
08-09-2007, 05:49 AM
I would like to change to regular colors, plain white and maybe light blue or something. This pink is blinding me. Of course, don't get me wrong, I love pink, one of my favorite colors to wear.

Vala_TS
08-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Don't worry Vala; no one's changing any colors.

I was simply reviving an old thread for the benefit of those who might like to override the grotesque color scheme for the sake of readability.

I hope not. I can not say how many times I ended up leaving a site because they redesigned it and I couldn't stand to use it anymore.

Vala,