PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Greeting from Guyone

guyone
12-15-2006, 05:11 PM
FOR MY FRIENDS ON THE LEFT:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non -adictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the discretion of the wisher."

FOR MY FRIENDS ON THE RIGHT:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

White_Male_Canada
12-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Heh-heh 8)

You just pissed off Chefmike the antichristian.

LG
12-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Good joke, guyone, but a very old one.

Actually, I would imagine the rightwingers greeting would be something like this:

"Those of you who are true Christians and Americans will accept my wishes for a wonderful Christmas and rejoice with me in the coming of Christ, who came upon this earth to bring His divine message: to tell us, that is, that a truly Christian, capitalist America is the greatest nation under God and that Americans have an extablished and inaliable right to bear arms- including semi-automatics, if they so wish- so that they can defend themselves against the Jews, Spiks, Wops, A-rabs and others set to hurt America with their evil ways.

America is the greatest nation on earth. Blessed be the people of America, especially those who voted for George W. Bush, a great patriot, a hero and a good Christian soldier fighting against the evils of Islam. And blessed be the President himself (hallowed be his name) for he has brought all that is good to the world and punished evildoers like Saddam Hussein and John Kerry. Blessed too are the many prophets including Ann Coulter and Dick Cheney (may the Lord improve his shooting) and the Lord's angel Condoleezza Rice.

With all our wishes for a financially successful 2007. Peace on earth. Let 2007 be the year when they find a cure for premature ejaculation, impotence and genital shrinkage."

:)

guyone
12-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Happy Holidays LG, WMC, ChefMike, TFan, and the rest of the gang.

May our differences only contribute to making a better society.

White_Male_Canada
12-17-2006, 02:06 AM
Good joke, guyone, but a very old one.

"Those of you who are true Christians and Americans will accept my wishes for a wonderful Christmas and rejoice with me in the coming of Christ, who came upon this earth to bring His divine message: to tell us, that is, that a truly Christian, capitalist America is the greatest nation under God and that Americans have an extablished and inaliable right to bear arms- including semi-automatics, if they so wish- so that they can defend themselves against the Jews, Spiks, Wops, A-rabs and others set to hurt America with their evil ways.

:)

Listen up sockpuppet, first, Jesus was a Jew.

Secondly Luke22:36 gives the right to bear arms.

Third, all were warned of the idle that, if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies...And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed...Yet count [him] not as an enemy, but admonish [him] as a brother.

Get it? Those who were healthy and could labour but did not,were to be avoided and told to live a better life.

Oh,and then there`s that peasky free-will thing.

LG
12-17-2006, 03:50 AM

Third, all were warned of the idle that, if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies...And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed...Yet count [him] not as an enemy, but admonish [him] as a brother.

Get it? Those who were healthy and could labour but did not,were to be avoided and told to live a better life.

No, you listen up, WMC. First off, unlike guyone, who I am starting to like more and more, and who obviously has a sense of humour, you simply come across increasingly as an offensive little shit. I'm not saying you are an offensive shit. I'm just saying that you give a good impression of being one.

And to look at the points you are trying to make, let me just tell you that the phrase in Luke suggests that His disciples go out and buy a sword, he does not tell them to buy a fast-loading semi-automatic. The sword of those days was a dagger- the word used in Luke is the Greek "maxairan" meaning dagger or knife. Jesus was probably speaking of self defence and of defending one's friends. You have to remember that in those days, there were many outlaws and no policemen. Jesus did not grant people the right to bear arms.

I know that Jesus was a Jew. What my satirical greeting was getting at was how a lot of rightwingers are bigots (and I am not referring to guyone or to you here, although there is one regular on these boards who may fall into that grouping). There are people (like Mel Gibson) who blame the Jews for Christ's suffering and death.

I could just as easily have substituted the word Jews with gays, chinks, ragheads, rug-munchers or some other offensive epithet that is commonly used in the US.

And on that third one...what are you on about? And just as importantly, what have you been on?

Merry Christmas, WMC, and Happy Holidays. May God give you a sense of humour and some common sense in 2007.

ezed
12-17-2006, 06:02 AM
No, you listen up, WMC. First off, unlike guyone, who I am starting to like more and more, and who obviously has a sense of humour, you simply come across increasingly as an offensive little shit. I'm not saying you are an offensive shit. I'm just saying that you give a good impression of being one.

Now that response is pure thread gold! And I'm not being funny, I truly think that is a fantastic response. Good job LG! Pissa! :D

White_Male_Canada
12-20-2006, 01:44 AM

No, you listen up, WMC. First off, unlike guyone, who I am starting to like more and more, and who obviously has a sense of humour, you simply come across increasingly as an offensive little shit...

Merry Christmas, WMC, and Happy Holidays. May God give you a sense of humour and some common sense in 2007.

You should have said, " May your God..." . Because your god is obviously not mine. Or perhaps you just do the Festivus thing,as your family takes turns touching the aluminium pole and lists all the ways you disappointed them.

So,just for you lefties : 8)

ezed
12-20-2006, 08:03 AM

No, you listen up, WMC. First off, unlike guyone, who I am starting to like more and more, and who obviously has a sense of humour, you simply come across increasingly as an offensive little shit...

You should have said, " May your God..." . Because your god is obviously not mine. Or perhaps you just do the Festivus thing,as your family takes turns touching the aluminium pole and lists all the ways you disappointed them.

So,just for you lefties : 8)

Jesus wasn't really a Jew, he was born homeless. If Mary and Joseph were Jews, they may have had second thought when they were homeless.

Get real White_Male_Canada, you believe all the bullshit that was written? Who were the fucking writers? Blowhards like you?

And who the fuck was Luke? The son from the Walter Brennan sitcom (help me with the name)?

Get real and put yourself in the characters shoes. And then think about how the minions of the future profiters would try to spin it based on the time and place.

Think, think, don't be blind. Jesus sent a message. It had nothing to do with any religion that resulted.

LG
12-20-2006, 07:02 PM

There's only one God, WMC, the creator of heaven and earth and of all creatures. You, of all people, ought to know that.

In any case, you've ingnored my responses to your skewed, illogical arguments and have replied with inane rhetoric. It seems to me you lack both a sense of humour and the ability to make a reasoned argument.

Jesus' most important teachings related to loving and respecting God and to loving and respecting one another. None of your posts have convinced me you're capable of doing the latter.

I'm done arguing. Merry Christmas.

White_Male_Canada
12-20-2006, 08:28 PM

There's only one God, WMC, the creator of heaven and earth and of all creatures. You, of all people, ought to know that.

In any case, you've ingnored my responses to your skewed, illogical arguments and have replied with inane rhetoric. It seems to me you lack both a sense of humour and the ability to make a reasoned argument.

Jesus' most important teachings related to loving and respecting God and to loving and respecting one another. None of your posts have convinced me you're capable of doing the latter.

I'm done arguing. Merry Christmas.

You`ll have to learn to differentiate between the total lack of respect for left-wing ideologies and the individual.

You`re no fun 8)

12-26-2006, 11:14 AM
A little late to prove a point.

Every day belongs to Christ, the true leader of the west and in time, the true peace leader.

Merry Christmas!

White_Male_Canada
12-26-2006, 07:39 PM
" Now,we all promise not to discuss the Dreyfus affair."