PDA

View Full Version : 'Trans Women’s Suicide Rate Doubled After Vaginoplasty, New Study Finds'

MrFanti
03-14-2024, 05:55 AM
https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/13/trans-womens-suicide-rate-doubled-after-vaginoplasty-new-study-finds/

SanDiegoPervySage
03-14-2024, 07:01 AM
Wonder what the factor is in between the vaginaplasty and the phalloplasty that makes it double

Stavros
03-14-2024, 07:22 PM
"Patients undergoing [vaginoplasty] with a history of prior psychiatric emergencies or feminizing transition are at a higher risk and should be counseled appropriately,” study authors concluded."

My emphasis in bold. One of my best friends had SRS a few years ago -apart from the physical adjustments required that took about a year of daily 'manoeuvres', no problems, and I have know in the past at least two who underwent SRS who as far as I know lead normal lives. The report may be of some concern, but a broader context is needed to understand the cause of suicidal tendencies or the impression given might be that SRS doesn't work -when we know it works for some and not others.

brooksglass
03-15-2024, 01:57 AM
Wow that's serious.

I think I'll wait a while before getting a fanny

hardharry585
03-15-2024, 05:06 AM
This is a slippery slope, but for those who don't know, that website dailycaller is notoriously far right, and highly trans and gay hostile. Founded by Tucker "Piece of Shit" Carlson.

That aside, the results of a single study should be taken with a big grain of salt. Give any attention only when multiple studies begin to develop supporting conclusions.

SRS is an important life choice, and people ought not be swayed by biased elements like political websites. Guidance should only be provided by accredited and apolitical doctors, counselors and peers.

MrFanti
03-15-2024, 05:54 AM
This is a slippery slope, but for those who don't know, that website dailycaller is notoriously far right, and highly trans and gay hostile. Founded by Tucker "Piece of Shit" Carlson.

That aside, the results of a single study should be taken with a big grain of salt. Give any attention only when multiple studies begin to develop supporting conclusions.

SRS is an important life choice, and people ought not be swayed by biased elements like political websites. Guidance should only be provided by accredited and apolitical doctors, counselors and peers.

Here is the actual study then: -->https://www.auajournals.org/doi/10.1097/JU.0000000000001971.20
Suicide IMHO is a subject not to take lightly IMHO.....