PDA

View Full Version : A Sad Report from Alabama

Stavros
11-06-2023, 03:58 AM
Being outed is a form of cruelty. For some people the closet remains what it is, but some might say if the person chooses to go online, they might risk one day being identified. Whatever the truth of this, the fact is, as a friend said, he did not commit a crime, and I don't know, frankly don't want to know what 'unbiblical behaviour' is.

He deserved better than what he got.

GOP mayor dies by suicide after cross-dressing revealed by rightwing site (yahoo.com) (https://uk.news.yahoo.com/gop-mayor-dies-suicide-cross-130813648.html)

Nikka
11-06-2023, 04:26 PM
saw it yesterday very sad

on x.com you can see her pictures as a woman

Will Riker
11-07-2023, 12:21 AM
Very sad, indeed, and some self proclaimed scholars still say we live in a civilized world.

filghy2
11-18-2023, 03:04 AM
Whatever the truth of this, the fact is, as a friend said, he did not commit a crime, and I don't know, frankly don't want to know what 'unbiblical behaviour' is.

The irony is that in biblical times men did not generally wear trousers. They wore things that looked more like dresses: eg the Roman toga.

mildcigar_2001
11-18-2023, 07:14 AM
I suppose almost any death is sad. But I have limited sympathy for that knucklehead.

However, when there is such great difference between how you portray yourself publically (a family man and a Baptist preacher). and what you do in private (being a fat outrageous drag queen) then you are just setting yourself up for mountains of trouble.

Almost anyone could have predicted that there would be "tears before bedtime" in such a scenario.

filghy2
11-18-2023, 08:24 AM
Keeping up your perfect record of excusing homo/transphobia and blaming the victim, I see.

Dudedude12345
11-18-2023, 03:21 PM
How conservative Alabama is, it was likely to happen

Stavros
11-18-2023, 03:26 PM
How conservative Alabama is, it was likely to happen

So the Conservative, God fearin' folks of Alabama regularly visit crossdressing websites? The man was outed against his will in an act of cruelty, ridicule and hate. And they bark loudly about free speech?

Dudedude12345
11-18-2023, 09:37 PM
The same lowlife pieces of shit who asses Blaire White tried to kiss

SanDiegoPervySage
11-19-2023, 08:50 AM
So the Conservative, God fearin' folks of Alabama regularly visit crossdressing websites? The man was outed against his will in an act of cruelty, ridicule and hate. And they bark loudly about free speech?

Yes, I’m sure there plenty of closeted god fearing people on the Deep South who visit those kind of sites.

filghy2
11-21-2023, 01:31 AM
Yes, I’m sure there plenty of closeted god fearing people on the Deep South who visit those kind of sites.

There's a good chance one of those hypocrites was responsible for outing him. People with repressed desires often try to compensate by pointing the finger at others.

filghy2
11-21-2023, 04:17 AM
However, when there is such great difference between how you portray yourself publically (a family man and a Baptist preacher). and what you do in private (being a fat outrageous drag queen) then you are just setting yourself up for mountains of trouble.

Are you so different? I'm sure you present yourself as a staunch supporter of conservative values, yet you obviously have your own secret fetish. Yes, it was probably unwise of him to post those pictures on the internet, but that doesn't preclude empathy.

Why can't someone who cross-dresses in private also be a good family man or a good Christian? From the article it sounds like his wife may have known about it and accepted it. As usual, you accept unthinkingly the right-wing characterisation that cross-dressing must be an indicator of degenerate tendencies.

I think the only case where outing might be justifiable would be where a person was publically advocating homophobic positions, but the articles says he wasn't known for this. Perhaps this was the real reason some people wanted to damage him.

Stavros
11-21-2023, 07:04 PM
I think the only case where outing might be justifiable would be where a person was publically advocating homophobic positions, but the articles says he wasn't known for this. Perhaps this was the real reason some people wanted to damage him.

Someone heard you...

Moms for Liberty "...are one of the organizations behind the latest wave of book bans across the United States. The pastor who leads their Philadelphia faith-based outreach was recently outed as a registered sex offender (https://www.inquirer.com/politics/philadelphia/moms-for-liberty-philadelphia-pastor-sex-offender-20231120.html); he has resigned as a city ward leader, but remains a Moms for Liberty member. The Southern Poverty Law Center categorized Moms for Liberty as an extremist group (https://www.npr.org/2023/06/07/1180486760/splc-moms-for-liberty-extremist-group) earlier this year – and that was before an Indiana chapter opened a newsletter by literally quoting Hitler (https://newrepublic.com/post/173855/moms-liberty-chapter-defends-quoting-hitler-newsletter)."
The Moms for Liberty platform is extreme – and most voters are loudly rejecting it | Katrina vanden Heuvel | The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/21/moms-for-liberty-school-board-elections)

FionaFortune
11-27-2023, 02:42 AM
Very sad story. The thing that really gets me about this is the glee that Craig Monger and @Asthegilrturns took in the suffering of the
family, friends and community.

MrFanti
11-27-2023, 03:23 AM
When you look at some crossdressers on Flickr, I've seen a few Conservatives/Trump supporters there....
Interesting.....

Fitzcarraldo
11-27-2023, 04:34 AM
When you look at some crossdressers on Flickr, I've seen a few Conservatives/Trump supporters there....
Interesting.....

Shouldn't be surprising. There are conservatives/Trump supporters in this forum.