View Full Version : Music associated with being gay, homosexual, yadda yadda....

moddestmike
10-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Well let me start off by saying that I'm a huge house music (souful) and DnB fan. Hiphop comes in a close second but not mainstream hiphop, usually underground. Anyway, I usually listen to house whenever I get a chance but everyone I have come in contact with associates it with being gay or homosexual when thats the furthest from the truth. I would just like to know your experiences.

Cheers,
Mike

sucka4chix
10-25-2006, 04:28 PM
It's funny, "mainstream" society makes these generalizations that on the one hand I don't buy in to, but on the other have some validity. My friends used to say I listen to "fag" music (trance,breaks,anything techno) and I'd get mad. I'd say I know alot of people who listen to electronic music, but when I think about they're practically all TSes!! I personally like to spin records and would love to do so at a club, but I know if I want to spin what I like I'll have to do it at a gay club!

moddestmike
10-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Whaa-aat?! This is discombobulating to me! I'm gay and I like getting fucked with a dick, YOU like getting fucked with a dick except you like it from a TS. Hel-lo! That's still blatant homosexual sex! You cannot judge gay people if you're having gay sex regaurdless if it's with a TS or not. Get over yourself!
I'm not sure if that was directed at me or not, but just in case let me clarify my point. I merely believe and know that not all house music fans are gay. I personally like TS's and if that makes me gay so be it. I have never been with one though. Hope that clears it up.

Quinn
10-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Well, when some my friends want to make it clear that they think someone is gay, they usually will say something like this: "I bet you he's a big Madonna fan."

This approach has, over the years, been used interchangably with Liberace. For example, asking if someone is gay might sound like this: "Do you think he's a big Liberace fan?"

Yes, it's stupid, but it always makes me laugh.

-Quinn

chefmike
10-26-2006, 02:05 AM
I still haven't gotten over the fact that Judy Garland, Jim Nabors, and Liberace never recorded together....

ezed
10-29-2006, 05:09 AM
I still haven't gotten over the fact that Judy Garland, Jim Nabors, and Liberace never recorded together....

But they did! It's an abscure album titled "Three for the Yellow Brick Road armed only with Rhinestones and Goolllies". I believe rounder records is the label. Or maybe they labeled it Gay. :?

10-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Barbara Streisand. Madonna. Bee Gees. Elton John. George Michael. Judy Garland. RuPaul. Frank Goes to Hollywood. Blue Oyster Cult. Neil Young and others.