PDA

View Full Version : Fugitive arrested in grisly slaying of Philadelphia transgender woman

MrFanti
11-12-2020, 07:44 AM
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/fugitive-arrested-grisly-slaying-philadelphia-transgender-woman-n1247297?fbclid=IwAR0z9_oMKeM3_Z4mWdZWqorUzqiLDxzj cXlHd7wGnP_9A2ELCPmu4-5kF1s

Stavros
11-12-2020, 09:10 AM
Can you explain why the suspect -"... considered armed and dangerous and ... listed as one of Philadelphia’s most wanted fugitives." was not shot shot dead on sight, or had seven bullets pumped into his back? Because of the victim?

dakota87
11-12-2020, 09:13 AM
I’m so glad they caught that animal
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/11/09/akhenaton-jones-arrested-in-los-angeles-for-murder-of-transgender-woman-dominique-fells-in-philadelphia-police-say/amp/

SanDiegoPervySage
11-12-2020, 09:59 AM
Can you explain why the suspect -"... considered armed and dangerous and ... listed as one of Philadelphia’s most wanted fugitives." was not shot shot dead on sight, or had seven bullets pumped into his back? Because of the victim?

Because of constitutional protections. We have due process. We have protections against cruel and unusual punishment. We have laws and supreme court rulings that prevent(or at least supposed to) people from being shot dead when not currently trying to harm or kill someone. Garner v. Tennessee specifically explains why it's not acceptable to shot someone in the back just because they committed a crime(fleeing felon rule). Dylan Roof killed 9 people and was taken into custody no problem. The parkland shooter was taken into custody no problem. The boston bomber was taken in alive. Some of the most dangerous gangsters in history were taken into custody alive. "Shoot on sight" is asking for all types of criminal and civil suits.

Stavros
11-12-2020, 10:07 AM
I assume you are being sarcastic. Dylan Roof wasn't shot because he is white, ditto Cruz and Tsarnaev, and of course White Hero Kyle Rittenhuse. George Floyd, accused of passing a conterfeit banknote, was Black. To whom does this 'Constitutional Protection' apply? All citizens, or just the White ones?

GroobySteven
11-12-2020, 11:20 AM
I assume you are being sarcastic. Dylan Roof wasn't shot because he is white, ditto Cruz and Tsarnaev, and of course White Hero Kyle Rittenhuse. George Floyd, accused of passing a conterfeit banknote, was Black. To whom does this 'Constitutional Protection' apply? All citizens, or just the White ones?

Inappropriate for this post.
Take it to the political forum.

I don't disagree, I just don't believe this is the place.

Stavros
11-13-2020, 08:32 PM
Inappropriate for this post.
Take it to the political forum.

I don't disagree, I just don't believe this is the place.

I accept your criticism, so let me express my sympathy for the victim in this case, her family and friends.