View Full Version : Dexter (Off Topic)

Quinn
10-23-2006, 04:28 AM
Has anyone had a chance to catch Showtime's Dexter. If you haven't, take the time to do so. It's stellar.

-Quinn

BottomBoySlave
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Has anyone had a chance to catch Showtime's Dexter. If you haven't, take the time to do so. It's stellar.

-Quinn

I've seen all the episodes so far Quinn. Great writing. The sister seems to be somewhat miscast though in my opinion.

BottomBoySlave
09-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Season 2 starts September 30th!

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

hwbs
09-20-2007, 07:12 PM
i have the 1st season on dvd...i love that shit

NewYorker
09-20-2007, 07:13 PM

-Quinn

It's quite good. The first two episodes of season two are already available online if you look for them.

hondarobot
09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Looks interesting, first time I've heard of it. Julie Benz and James Remar in the cast certainly can't hurt. I might have to pick the DVD set up on this one.

TomSelis
09-20-2007, 11:20 PM

-Quinn

It's a good show. Now that Doakes is onto Dexter it looks like it could heat up.

FREEFALLL666
09-21-2007, 12:43 AM
A perfectly cast, well written series with KILLER cliffhangers and a SERIAL that you want to CATCH!

Seriously I LOVE DEXTER!! The theme tune hides so much menace and darkness behind a cheery facade!

BottomBoySlave
09-21-2007, 04:49 PM
It's quite good. The first two episodes of season two are already available online if you look for them.

Can you post the link please?

LINYguy
09-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi Bottomboyslave, here is the link to the show. http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

Great show, you can get the 1st season On Demand on IO cable for free if you have the Showtime package.

Don't give away any spoilers for those who haven't seen the end.

south ov da border
09-23-2007, 05:40 PM

-Quinn

I've seen all the episodes so far Quinn. Great writing. The sister seems to be somewhat miscast though in my opinion.

I feel that way also. Season two should be pretty good...

BottomBoySlave
10-26-2007, 03:38 PM
What do you Dexter fans think of Season 2 so far?

Anyone thing that Dexter is going to kill Doakes?

KiraHarden
10-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I love that show, very cool and interesting storyline

TomSelis
10-26-2007, 10:41 PM
What do you Dexter fans think of Season 2 so far?

Anyone thing that Dexter is going to kill Doakes?

Nah, Doakes thinks Dexter was sneaking off to go to NA meetings. He left him alone.

Last week's episode was a good one though. Never though Laguerta would do something like that.

hondarobot
10-27-2007, 12:23 AM
I still haven't seen this show, but it sounds interesting. I did catch an episode of Supernatural last night, a series I wrote off early on, but I'm now starting to enjoy the direction things are heading.

Cool elements: An antique revolver that (when working properly) can kill anything (meaning supernatural beings). Also, last night, a demon girl was having a conversation with one of the main characters while she was trapped inside a magic circle. She commented that while no demons in hell had actually ever seen Satan, most of them believed in him. That was a cool touch.

Sorry to threadjack, back to Dexter.

TJT
10-27-2007, 06:05 AM
He had a cool lab but his sister was a real bitch.

BottomBoySlave
11-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Anyone see last Sunday's episode?

Masuka: Agent Lundy, is it true that you are monitoring our internet use? Because I can explain all that shemale stuff. :lol:

partlycloudy
11-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Anyone see last Sunday's episode?

Masuka: Agent Lundy, is it true that you are monitoring our internet use? Because I can explain all that shemale stuff. :lol:
http://i4.tinypic.com/8b5xj77.jpg

BottomBoySlave
11-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Okay, last night's show has really heated things up. He's getting sloppy.

Any predictions on how this season will end?

Will Doakes take the fall as the Bay Harbor Butcher?

Let me know what you think.

Quinn
11-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Hall really is amazing as Dexter. The last couple of episodes have portrayed him in a truly menacing light, particularly the end last night's episode. Seriously... Wow!!

And I couldn't agree more about the sister. She's awful. Fortunately, everyone else seems to be, more or less, perfectly cast.

-Quinn

BottomBoySlave
11-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Hall really is amazing as Dexter. The last couple of episodes have portrayed him in a truly menacing light, particularly the end last night's episode. Seriously... Wow!!

And I couldn't agree more about the sister. She's awful. Fortunately, everyone else seems to be, more or less, perfectly cast.

-Quinn

I think I have grown to accept the miscasting of the sister. I am somewhat de-sensitized to her at this stage.

Last night's episode has really upped the ante. I wanna see Doakes get his comeuppance so badly.

aprilian
11-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Michael C. Hall was a guest on Talk of the Nation on NPR las week.
Gave a great interview. He's a very intelligent ,charismatic guy.He didnt spill the beans as to where the story's going ,but he at least confirmed that this season is "in the can" and won't be affected the the writers strike.

So , who's going to get it first? Doakes or Lilah???

BottomBoySlave
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Michael C. Hall was a guest on Talk of the Nation on NPR las week.
Gave a great interview. He's a very intelligent ,charismatic guy.He didnt spill the beans as to where the story's going ,but he at least confirmed that this season is "in the can" and won't be affected the the writers strike.

So , who's going to get it first? Doakes or Lilah???

Lilah is self-destructive so she may just take care of herself.

I'd like to see Dexter either kill Doakes or pin the murders on him. If Doakes does take the rap, Dexter will have to devise a new plan for disposal going forward!

Quinn
11-26-2007, 05:16 AM
So good this week, I'm actually at a loss for words. Oh, wait a minute, I'm never at a loss for words. Best show ever!!!

-Quinn

BottomBoySlave
11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
So good this week, I'm actually at a loss for words. Oh, wait a minute, I'm never at a loss for words. Best show ever!!!

-Quinn

Yeah, amazing show last night!!!!

I wonder how Dexter is going to weasel out of this one... and take care of Lilah!

BottomBoySlave
12-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Quinn,

What did you think of last night's show? I think that a guy of Doakes' size and being in Special Ops would have been able to bust out of that flimsy cage, especially when he knew death was imminent. He obviously breaks out next week judging by the preview.

On another note, has anyone here ever had a girlfriend like Lilah? :lol:

Quinn
12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Quinn,

What did you think of last night's show? I think that a guy of Doakes' size and being in Special Ops would have been able to bust out of that flimsy cage, especially when he knew death was imminent. He obviously breaks out next week judging by the preview.:

Good call. I was thinking the same thing. There's no way in Hell a guy like him wouldn't have found a way out of that relatively flimsy cage.

On another note, has anyone here ever had a girlfriend like Lilah? :lol:

You mean exceedingly hot, diabolically manipulative, and downright crazy? More than once, and it was totally worth it – at least my cock thought so. I'm sure that I'm far from the only guy here who's done that.

-Quinn

voy4her
12-04-2007, 01:55 AM
dexter is a great show. I recommend catching up before just jumping in for new viewers though. YOu can netflix season one i believe.

alphanumeric
12-04-2007, 02:38 AM
I like dexter to!

oh the wacky fun things he comes up with in his lab...

TJT
12-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Finally!!!

Quinn
12-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Very cool. Thanks for the links, Leora.

-Quinn

Tomfurbs
12-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Man, the music in this series is seriously fucking with me.You know that high-pitched string sound when Dexter has just had a revelation or flashback.... freeeeeaky!

chefmike
12-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I just added showtime to my directv because of the buzz about this series. I have yet to see a single episode, but I hope to catch up on it in between/after the madness of holiday catering, parties, yada yada yada...

Quinn
12-08-2007, 05:46 PM
You'll definitely like it, Chef. Though it has a few drawbacks (the casting of the sister, etc.), it's incredibly innovative and well written. For me, it's right up there with Deadwood, probably even a little better, and I know you were a fan of that show.

-Quinn

TomSelis
12-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Awwwwwwww shit, Doakes broke out!

Rod la Rod
12-10-2007, 04:51 AM
!!!

Jericho
12-15-2007, 02:21 PM
For those who got in to it late, season one has just been been posted on:
Alt.Binaries.MultiMedia

BottomBoySlave
11-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Season 3, for me has been a little over the top so far... although I must say that after last night's episode, it has improved.

Anyone else watching?

mreef
11-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Yes, I am watching. Next episode should be great. How is Dexter going to deal with Miguel? He's too high profile to kill, although it would fit the code.

There was another shemale reference by Masuka. I didn't catch it all (something about "pre-op", but was too lazy to rewind).

BottomBoySlave
11-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes, I am watching. Next episode should be great. How is Dexter going to deal with Miguel? He's too high profile to kill, although it would fit the code.

There was another shemale reference by Masuka. I didn't catch it all (something about "pre-op", but was too lazy to rewind).

I'm sure it will be something unpredictable. Perhaps he'll frame killing Miguel on Ramon. Who knows?

London Guy
11-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I envy you guys, we're a season behind here in the UK :(

Remy757Photog
11-26-2008, 09:23 AM
yeah I have followed Dexter since the first episode and I love it!! I too use the newsgroups to download them alt.binaries is the best!! Use 'Grabit' a free app at www.shemes.com to grab threads.

Alyssa87
11-28-2008, 11:22 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW!
i didnt even know there was a thread for this.

my favorite show after LOST.

Miguel is a fucking nutcase. Dexter is gonna get him good.

Remy757Photog
11-30-2008, 08:53 PM

Agreed! Dexter is really playing with fire with Miguel, I think this situation will be coming to an end soon. I'm surprised Miguel has still not figured Dexter as the real Bay Harbor Butcher yet. Out of sight, out of mind I guess.

Alyssa87
11-30-2008, 08:58 PM

Agreed! Dexter is really playing with fire with Miguel, I think this situation will be coming to an end soon. I'm surprised Miguel has still not figured Dexter as the real Bay Harbor Butcher yet. Out of sight, out of mind I guess.

hmm. only if dexter showed him to dispose of a body by bagging it up and tossing it in deep water.

either way, he's fucked.
the way dexter set him up and could have easily had him caught showed just how much smarter he is than miguel gives him credit for.
he found out about his 'youre a wise man BS' and his cowblood shirt.

How cool was that daydream of dexter going all hulk in his office?

effigyc
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
I predict Dexter and Miguel will play cat and mouse for awhile. Miguel will flip out, and go after Rita (possibly killing the baby in the process). Dexter will no doubt kill Miguel, but in a way that also wraps up The Skinner story line. I guess he could make it look like the skinner killed Miguel.

Alyssa87
11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
^^thats pretty genius!^^

effigyc
12-02-2008, 05:46 AM
I know!!!! I should be a writer or something!!!! (Just kidding, I'm not that vain)

justin
12-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Good link for DEXTER:http://www.watchtvsitcoms.com/dexter.php

justin
12-04-2008, 07:56 AM
deleted

Remy757Photog
12-05-2008, 08:22 AM
I predict Dexter and Miguel will play cat and mouse for awhile. Miguel will flip out, and go after Rita (possibly killing the baby in the process). Dexter will no doubt kill Miguel, but in a way that also wraps up The Skinner story line. I guess he could make it look like the skinner killed Miguel.

Did you steal the shows script? LOL I would be satisfied with that outcome actually.

Alyssa87
12-08-2008, 04:01 AM
IVE BEEN WAITING ALL WEEK....

YIPPEE

Alyssa87
12-08-2008, 04:51 AM
well.. that ends that. lol

effigyc
12-09-2008, 03:34 AM
Ugh, I feel a cliffhanger approaching...

Remy757Photog
12-10-2008, 07:05 PM
throughly enjoyed this last episode, glad he finally dealt with Miguel

Alyssa87
12-15-2008, 10:00 AM
AND THAT ENDS THAT!

his escape from the table/fight was kinda anticlimactic.

this was the lamest finale yet.
but im still coming back next season.

the blood falling out of his cast onto the back of Rita's dress was quite apt- considering the revelation of both of their secrets.

ILuvGurls
12-15-2008, 02:41 PM
i have the 1st season on dvd...i love that shit

don't have Showtime but rented the dvd from blockbuster....great show.

on a different show has anyone seen Weeds. rented it this past weekend at least the first year.....some funny shit there. can't wait to watch the other 2 seasons.