PDA

View Full Version : Gay Clubs

Huevos_Rancheros
12-16-2017, 02:32 AM
Outside of special TS nights, gay clubs seem to be the best place to meet non-working TS/CD in the real world. I've picked up at The Abbey in West Hollywood and Badlands in SF.

Any other suggestions, especially in CA?

kj312
12-16-2017, 04:22 AM
Outside of special TS nights, gay clubs seem to be the best place to meet non-working TS/CD in the real world. I've picked up at The Abbey in West Hollywood and Badlands in SF.

Any other suggestions, especially in CA?

I agree that is the case now in LA other than Cobra. Seems like it is hit or miss in weho. There is not much in LA that I know of. Palms, Circus, and Oxwood closed. You can try blow right across from abbey but when I went there it was a few drag queens that worked there and they were usually taking pictures so hard to talk to them if you want to.

Aticus100
12-16-2017, 12:00 PM
On the other side of the pond I have found that very few of the seriously convincing TS frequent gay clubs.
I think the less convincing do as it can be a more “safe” environment to explore being out in public and,perhaps for the same reasons, I know of gay clubs that are used as a meeting place when girls need to arrive one at a time but are quickly moved on from to regular clubs.
Don’t know about the States but in the U.K. we have a growing number of what I would call “crossover” clubs where the majority of customers are straight but where there has been a deliberate effort by the club to make the envoirement welcoming of all and these are popular with TS.
As examples I have always found the Walkabout group to be popular with TS and even the massive U.K. club chain Pryzm which has vast clubs with many dance arenas always have an arena called “Disco” which is particularly welcoming to all.
I guess the downside is that many of the girls that go to these clubs are not so easy to spot as TS without a keen eye!

Huevos_Rancheros
12-17-2017, 02:55 AM
I agree that very passable TS/CD feel comfortable going wherever they want. The only problems I've had is not being able to predict which clubs will have more than 1 girl per night and, as a middle-aged man, I don't feel comfortable hanging out in big dance clubs.

kj312
12-17-2017, 03:37 AM
I don't know of an easy answer. I have gone out to weho with a TS friend and saw a bunch. When I've been with myself there is hardly any. It's hit or miss.

KelliBlueEyes
12-17-2017, 06:11 AM
I don’t know any ts girls that frequent gay clubs, and in general i don’t. There is one i go to on Wednesday nights but just for the burlesque show because the producer is a friend and i know most of the performers. Lately there has been one girl there trying to work the club.
I will also sometimes go to a large gay dance club in a group with my cisgender female friends. It gives us a chance to dance and have fun together without guys tying to pick us up all night.
As others have mentioned, there are some crossover venues or alternative performance venues where they do drag or sideshow or burlesque that many ts girls do frequent, but it’s hit or miss who’s there on any given night. I go to a few in Brooklyn depending who’s doing a show as i know several of the producers and performers.

smalltownguy
12-19-2017, 10:38 AM
I don’t know any ts girls that frequent gay clubs, and in general i don’t. There is one i go to on Wednesday nights but just for the burlesque show because the producer is a friend and i know most of the performers. Lately there has been one girl there trying to work the club.
I will also sometimes go to a large gay dance club in a group with my cisgender female friends. It gives us a chance to dance and have fun together without guys tying to pick us up all night.
As others have mentioned, there are some crossover venues or alternative performance venues where they do drag or sideshow or burlesque that many ts girls do frequent, but it’s hit or miss who’s there on any given night. I go to a few in Brooklyn depending who’s doing a show as i know several of the producers and performers.

yes kelliblueeyes your right I also hv never heard of ts girls frequently visiting gay clubs :jerkoff

Wendy Summers
12-19-2017, 04:12 PM
I don’t know any ts girls that frequent gay clubs, and in general i don’t.

I'll second this. The only way I'm going to a gay bar is with friends to avoid the pickup scene. Definitely not a hang out spot, particularly if I'm looking for something casual.

You're more likely to have luck if there's a more pansexual club around.

Huevos_Rancheros
12-20-2017, 08:04 PM
I'll second this. The only way I'm going to a gay bar is with friends to avoid the pickup scene. Definitely not a hang out spot, particularly if I'm looking for something casual.

You're more likely to have luck if there's a more pansexual club around.

The gay bars I like, like The Abbey, Badlands and Circus when it was open, are fairly pansexual. A lot of straight people go to these clubs. Circus was the best place for me to meet hot Latina TS/CD. RIP.