PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Day of Remembrance 2016

ed_jaxon
11-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Surprised not to find a thread regarding this so I will start one.

It has been a hard year for the transgender community this year with 26 girls murdered already. With the current environment in the country allowing more bold faced bigotry things could get worse quick.

Allies need to step up.

Wendy Summers
11-20-2016, 11:15 PM
Surprised not to find a thread regarding this so I will start one.

It has been a hard year for the transgender community this year with 26 girls murdered already. With the current environment in the country allowing more bold faced bigotry things could get worse quick.

Allies need to step up.

Sadly Ed, the folks here these days seem less concerned with that. The days of serious conversation on HA are dead or at the very least are on life support.

Forget trying to be political on trans rights. A few days ago Google ran a piece being very supportive of the trans community -- I posted a thread here pointing to the article and not a damned person commented. (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?100924-Google-is-promoting-Transgender-Awareness-Week!) But show a guy gagging on a dick like a little fucking bitch and there's a 1,000 comments.

TempestTS
11-21-2016, 02:33 AM
I have walked in darkness
And I have stood in flames
To hold the hands of my sisters and brothers
and shelter them from the storm
I will protect them always
While I yet stand,
I saw more than I can tell,
and I understood more than I saw;
the shapes of things in the spirit,
the shape of all shapes as we must
live together as one being.
we must walk in balance and beauty
May hope wash away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.

ed_jaxon
11-21-2016, 05:51 AM
Things are different Wendy but some who count themselves as allies are still here. Keep doing your thing! It is appreciated!

MrFanti
11-21-2016, 05:53 AM
Sadly Ed, the folks here these days seem less concerned with that. The days of serious conversation on HA are dead or at the very least are on life support. .

Yes I agree.
I posted a few of the death news reads - with not much in responses...

bloodreflection
11-21-2016, 06:45 AM
Having conversations on message boards has mostly died out from what I've seen, so I mean it isn't lack of people caring, it's just more or less being to lazy to cheek any topic other then their favored trans star/model. I don't think this is a reflection of those people not caring, I'd like to think everyone on this board or a friend/fan of the trans community would step up to help someone in the real world.

Post Op Preferred
11-21-2016, 07:07 PM
Shocking as the US death toll of TG's is, it appears that ostensibly trans friendly Brazil is even worse. https://tdor.info/. And there seems to be under reporting (Thailand) or non reporting Argentina).

SXFX
11-22-2016, 05:28 AM
Sadly Ed, the folks here these days seem less concerned with that. The days of serious conversation on HA are dead or at the very least are on life support.

Forget trying to be political on trans rights. A few days ago Google ran a piece being very supportive of the trans community -- I posted a thread here pointing to the article and not a damned person commented. (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?100924-Google-is-promoting-Transgender-Awareness-Week!) But show a guy gagging on a dick like a little fucking bitch and there's a 1,000 comments.

sorry about that i'll go back in time to say something nice....come on it's a monday...who puts a holiday on a monday?
now if it were a friday......

runningdownthatdream
11-22-2016, 05:49 AM

A little harsh in your assessment but understandable - all of us oppressed want to have loud and demonstrative support from others. But in reality the human race is drowning in real or imagined threats and most people are too bust struggling to stay alive financially, mentally, and emotionally to process things like this on a daily basis. Days of observance are too many for too many causes but I'm sure many people here in their daily lives have registered that transgender rights are valid and should be respected and maybe some of them have even allowed that idea to govern their actions without signing petitions or marching in the streets. I know I have.