If you’re coming as a tourist, I would recommend the following:
1. Check out the view from the top of the Empire State Building’s observatory.
2. If it’s within your budget, you should try dinner at Rainbow Room. It will cost you, but it’s totally worth it.
3. If you like Jazz, try the Iridium, Cleopatra’s Needle (good food), or Arthur’s Tavern.
4. As far as museums go, check out the Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art (my favorite), and the Frick Collection.
5. For a truly unique experience, try the Bubble Lounge. It’s probably my favorite place in the village to mix business with pleasure.