Veteran Poster

Default Eddie Murphy Divorce: Transvestite incident breached prenup

EDDIE MURPHY DIVORCE DRAMA THICKENS: Nicole may claim actor breached prenup with transvestite incident.

The New York Post is reporting that Nicole Mitchell may have some ammunition in her divorce battle with actor Eddie Murphy if she decides to fight their prenuptial agreement.

Sources tell the newspaper that Mitchell’s divorce attorney, Glenn Buzard, may argue that Murphy breached the prenup due to allegations stemming from his 1997 incident with a transvestite.

Police in West Hollywood questioned the comedian for driving in his car with a Samoan trannie named Atisone Suiuli. Murphy claimed he was only giving her/him a ride as a Good Samaritan.

In Essence magazine, Mitchell recently said of the incident, "[Murphy] told me there was this person on the corner crying, so he stopped to help. But I'm thinking, 'Well, why the hell did you let them get in the car?'"

The incident spawned a number of transvestites to come forward with claims of having sexual encounters with the actor.

Paul Barresi, a private detective who claims he was hired for damage control by Murphy when the scandal broke, tells the Post’s Page Six: "I called [Murphy attorney] Marty 'Bull Dog' Singer and told him I could round up all the transsexuals alleging sexual dalliances with Murphy." And they would all recant their stories.

"In less than 10 days," Barresi says, "I got them all to sign sworn, videotaped depositions, stating it wasn't Murphy himself, but rather a look-alike, who they'd encountered - with the exception of Suiuli." (Suiuli died in 1998 after falling from her L.A. roof.)

Asked to comment about Barresi, Singer told Page Six, "I'm not going to comment on what we did on that case. I can't comment on whether [Barresi] was retained or not. If I hire a private investigator, it is privileged information. One way or the other, the matter was resolved to our satisfaction. We sued the tabloids and a couple of the transvestites who allegedly made up these stories. And they did recant their stories."

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur25143.cfm

Junior Poster

How do you fall off a roof?
    That doesn't happen everyday unless you're in the contruction business.

Rookie Poster

It is funny how people who are loud mouth "heterosexist" are usually trying very hard to conceal their own inclinations. If all the news about Eddie is true, then he would go on my shite list along with Luther Vandross.

http://hollywoodinterrupted.com/cblo...he-Bagman.html

Gold Poster

The plot thickens...

Platinum Poster

In the fascinating book "Live From New York" about SNL, Eddie was the only SNL star who refused to be interviewed...he reportedly is still bitter about the "Eddie Murphy, Good Samaritan" sketch they did after the incident.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

I was hoping that I could find this article...a very interesting piece regarding Barresi and Murphy that originally appeared in the New Times LA April, 26, 2001

http://hollywoodinterrupted.com/cblo....html#extended

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by evil_twin
    How do you fall off a roof?
    That doesn't happen everyday unless you're in the contruction business.
    He/she fell from the roof of an apartment building (or hotel). He/she locked her/himself of her/his apartment and tried to enter from through the window from the roof. He/she fell several stories down and and split his/her wing.