Page 125 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1813

Default Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

Independent journalist Abby Martin on climate change:

Junior Poster

Weill im sure if I see it on a hung angels post it has to be true because I believe most scientists start their search for knowledge here! Seriously if you want to change our footprint aka climate change get rid of every big city over 2 million that puts a stress on the planet meaning get rid of half of NYC Los Angeles Chicago Boston etc to move to Iowa Idaho s Dakota etc but you wont you know why? People in big cities wont they don't give a shit. Instead me wanting a spray deodorant instead of on a roll on is every fuckers business. That's why I laugh at climate change its political. And in serious science , scientists don't get caught making shit up. Its all about politics and money. Our coal is dirty lets not use it here instead sell it to the Chinese to burn and throw in the atmosphere at half of what we pay here!

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy13 View Post
    Weill im sure if I see it on a hung angels post it has to be true because I believe most scientists start their search for knowledge here! Seriously if you want to change our footprint aka climate change get rid of every big city over 2 million that puts a stress on the planet meaning get rid of half of NYC Los Angeles Chicago Boston etc to move to Iowa Idaho s Dakota etc but you wont you know why? People in big cities wont they don't give a shit. Instead me wanting a spray deodorant instead of on a roll on is every fuckers business. That's why I laugh at climate change its political. And in serious science , scientists don't get caught making shit up. Its all about politics and money. Our coal is dirty lets not use it here instead sell it to the Chinese to burn and throw in the atmosphere at half of what we pay here!
    Without any environmental standards streams would be polluted, drinking water would be toxic, and more greenhouse gases would be released into the atmosphere. The reason there is concern about using a deodorant with an aerosol delivery system is that many of these used to release cfcs into the atmosphere. CFCs are strong greenhouse gases, and the accumulation of them in our atmosphere increases global temperatures.

The point of good regulation is not to shutdown all commerce, but to avoid negative externalities. It is a negative externality when an individual enjoys the benefits of their consumption but does not bear the full costs. Nobody is suggesting that all urban centers be destroyed in order to avoid these negative externalities, only that incentive systems are in place to reduce the consumption of goods that are destructive to the environment.

Also, everyone knows the politics section is for discussion and not to create policy. There are several people on this board who are actually scientists (I am not among them). They are not taking their cues from what is written on this site, but expressing their views here. Be grateful and try to learn something.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 04-02-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Junior Poster

lol so your saying I was right scientists do start here!!!

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy13 View Post
    lol so your saying I was right scientists do start here!!!
    I think I said pretty clearly their views on climate change were not informed by this site. In other words, they do not believe greenhouse gases cause climate change simply because they read it here. However, several people with scientific backgrounds post on this site about subjects they already know a great deal about.

You are the prototypical example of the type of proud ignorance and obscurantism the modern day GOP thrives on.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Overpopulation, overconsumption – in pictures:

http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...on-in-pictures

"Unchained Goddess" by Frank Capra from 1958...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Would you become a vegan to save the world?

Meat Production Wastes Natural Resources:

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-u...ral-resources/

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The Independent today publishes an article which cites research that comes close to establishing the role played by the acidification of the oceans in the obliteration of species, particularly marine animals, in past eras such as 'The Great Dying' at the end of the Permian and the onset of the Triassic periods. Steep rises in carbon emissions probably caused by volcanic eruptions are considered the primary cause, with the carbon element being the contemporary issue that raises questions as our own oceans record increases in acidification.
    The article is here:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-10165989.html