Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Awesome Drawing Of The Three Of Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    I am not talking about cartoons only.
    ok then, discounting the cartoons, there's only half a ton of it. There's only about 1500 pages on that thread, but it's there if ya got the time to wade thru it. Check out Kimberly Wilder, Stanton and KinkyJimmy

the Meek shall inherit the Earth....the Rest of Us will go to the Stars

Senior Member Veteran Poster Ananke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EZWind View Post
    ok then, discounting the cartoons, there's only half a ton of it. There's only about 1500 pages on that thread, but it's there if ya got the time to wade thru it. Check out Kimberly Wilder, Stanton and KinkyJimmy
    Yes, thank you for pointing this out, and, yes, I was aware of that kind of work.
    Although certainly talented, it is not quite what I had in mind when I said "art" but, hey, we have all different ideas and perceptions...

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    Yes, thank you for pointing this out, and, yes, I was aware of that kind of work.
    Although certainly talented, it is not quite what I had in mind when I said "art" but, hey, we have all different ideas and perceptions...
    ...I see your point...sort of a combination of the "what is art?" theory and the "in the eye of the beholder" concept. Just thought, since you found the rendering posted to be "nice" , that you might enjoy the thread. Of course, Sturgeon's Law...90% of everything is crap....definitely applies here, tho perhaps not to such an extreme degree, There's plenty o junk, but some "art"work as well. I get the feeling you're looking for something more along the lines of Antonio Vargas, for example

Pretty cool picture. Reminds me of the "A Scanner Darkly" movie from a few years ago.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Ananke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EZWind View Post
    ...I see your point...sort of a combination of the "what is art?" theory and the "in the eye of the beholder" concept. Just thought, since you found the rendering posted to be "nice" , that you might enjoy the thread. Of course, Sturgeon's Law...90% of everything is crap....definitely applies here, tho perhaps not to such an extreme degree, There's plenty o junk, but some "art"work as well. I get the feeling you're looking for something more along the lines of Antonio Vargas, for example
    Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the thread but not quite in the same way, and, yes, I had a look at Antonio Vargas and I must admit, in my opinion he is in another league! I wish there were many more like that...maybe I am not searching very well.

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    Pretty cool picture. Reminds me of the "A Scanner Darkly" movie from a few years ago.
    ..the "rotoscope" process...very interesting, and an excellent adaptation from one o my all time fave authors, Philip K Dick. Meanwhile, Downey Jr and Woody stole the movie from Keannu Reeves

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster Jamie French's Avatar

Best rotoscope movie ever is American Pop. The people who put it together did an animation test before production began by hiring Tom Waits to do a short called, "Tom Waits For No Man." Google is your friend.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    26 lifetime passes left to my site for my face surgery. Help out, gimme your email & I'll make it worth your while. https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraise...-surgery-funds

My @clips4sale store... updated every day for the next year and a half, starting... NOW. http://clips4sale.com/20182

http://deadgirlproductions.com/
    http://www.tsjamiefrench.com
    http://www.twitter.com/Jamie_French

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie French View Post
    Best rotoscope movie ever is American Pop. The people who put it together did an animation test before production began by hiring Tom Waits to do a short called, "Tom Waits For No Man." Google is your friend.
    thanx, Jamie, I'll have to check that out again; haven't seen it since it opened...where it pulled in a whopping 6 mill at the box office I see. Ralph Bakshi was great... loved Fritz the Cat as well
    And Tom Waits, meanwhile, no one even comes close to that Cat's coolness. Thanx for the heads up...that's a cool video

It kinda reminds of Borderlands 2 as well. It would be awesome if we could download you guys as playable characters for that game! I would play the hell out of that