Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default Kundalini Yoga and Meditation

Kundalini Yoga & Meditation

Description:
    Kundalini Yoga uses movement, sound current, breath and meditation to relax and heal your mind and body, allowing the spirit to flow freely. Kundalini Yoga brings a greater feeling of well-being and happiness - our natural birthright as humans. This powerful and effective form of Yoga, is a great way to recharge and heal your body quickly. How? By stimulating the nervous and immune systems, while improving strength and flexibility, as it centers the mind and opens the spirit. From your very first class, you'll reap the rewards including-- relief from back pain, stress, addiction, depression and insomnia, as well as weight control. Kundalini Yoga promises you peace of mind. Everyone can do it!

I'm thinking of enrolling in this type of yoga class. Either this or a swing class. LOL Has anyone on here taken or have experience with this type of Yoga class? Any feedback would be appreciated. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeoraMoore
    I just bought this DVD along with a belly dancing one. Going to try them out soon...

Also found a gym I might join here that offers yoga.
    That's awesome Leora. The one's I'm actually thinking of going to
    I think has one in Hollywood and one at Manhattan Beach.
    They also have a yoga studio out in NYC.
    And their class rates are very affordable. :P

CLASS FEES
    Single Class $ 15.00
    5 Class Pass $ 70.00
    10 Class Pass $ 120.00
    20 Class Pass $ 180.00
    Single Community Class $ 7.00
    5 Class Community Pass $ 35.00
    Unlimited 30-day Pass $ 150.00
    Children’s Yoga $ 10.00
    Children’s Yoga (10 class pass) $ 80.00

Drop-ins welcome! No reservation or membership required!

Payments for classes are non-refundable.
    Passes expire after one year.

Schedule subject to change without notice.

For the most part, I just want to learn yoga and meditations for health and relaxation purposes.
    I also heard that its good for stress. So yes Id like to become a Yogi!

Here's what I found out about Kundalini yoga online. Certainly looks very interesting.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Professional Poster

Awaken the great Serpent and achieve enlightenment.

Ancient Pervert.

Quote Originally Posted by TJT
    Awaken the great Serpent and achieve enlightenment.
    LOL Yes, right! I knew someone sooner or later would catch that part TJT! Seriously tho, It's said to be the oldest form of yoga and from what I've gathered so far everything about it seems great.

Looking forward to learning Kundalini.

~Kisses.

HTG

Professional Poster

I used to play around with it in my halcyon Hippie days Hara. It's gone upscale since then.

Ancient Pervert.

Go for it, Hara. I've been practicing yoga and meditation for 35 years in various forms. Formal approaches vary and provide focus and framework for your practice, but the essence is ever the same, to enter the vastness inside yourself and immerse yourself in the creative energy that drives all life. Kundalini is the ancient yogic description of that inner power which is metaphorically depicted as a serpent sleeping in the root chakra (the energy center at the base of the spine), but it's nature is to rise and fall naturally within us, passing through the seven chakras or energy centers (these centers are described in virtually all traditions: seven chakras, seven seals, in accupuncture, yoga, kabbalah, native American traditions, tantra which works directly with this energy in both sexual and other ways, etc.).

Each energy center corresponds to a major aspect of our being: in the heart center, it appears as compassion (central to Buddhism); in the solar plexus it manifests as will (as seen in martial arts); in the crown center at the top of the head it is the gateway to samadhi or the experience of enlightenment which is the goal of meditation. Freud, not surprisingly, focused on the sexual plexus and identified kundalini (without knowing he had done so) as libido. Orgasm is a manifestation of kundalini at the peak of sexual arousal, in a similar way to samadhi at the peak of meditation.

Folk-rock legend Donovan describes kundalini (which in yoga is seen as a goddess) poetically in his song "lover o lover":

reveal beloved hidden ecstasy
    lady of seven lights
    administer love to me
    before thy temple of inner sanctuary
    i lay my burden down
    and rest beneath your tree

lover o lover lead me within (repeat 4x)

sister of succour your kiss is my balm
    with your wand you bid the beast in me be calm
    arise serpent arise from out your fiery lair
    dance for the maiden with moonlight in her hair

lover o lover lead me within (repeat 4x)

Hey thanks Ecstatic. I will! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

I actually did Kundalini Yoga for 7 years and still do basic yoga and meditate it's the most healthy thing you can do for your body and mind. Go for it you'll notice some really wonderful changes.

Glad to help, Hara. I hope you enjoy it. There are many, many different approaches to kundalini yoga, so try them out and find the one that's right for you. I worked with several yoga masters in the 70's and 80's, including Swami Muktananda and his successor, Gurumayi, who work in the Siddha Yoga tradition.

Meghan, that's great to hear. I suspect that, like myself, you found it appropriate to immerse yourself for a sustained time, then continue your practice at your own pace afterwards. My basic practice today is a half-hour meditation every day (I never miss a day, even if I have only five minutes to spare, but I usually manage between 20 and 40 minutes as I don't time it). I also continue to read and contemplate the philosophy underlying the traditions.

Does your kundalini experience enter into The Mystical Journey? It's the next book on my reading list.

You work your ass off at first doing yoga of any kind and then come up with what works for you so you nailed it right on the head.