Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ignore feature

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Ignore feature

I was wondering if anyone uses the ignore feature - and if so what sort of people they block.

I used to use it - and have about three or four names still blocked (though they seem to have long since left the forum) - mainly because what they posted was so crass or offensive.

Now as a moderator I don't tend to. Otherwise there are quite a few I might well block - people who post ludicrous and stupid twaddle. Not those I disagree with politically - even though it would probably do my health good not to read their posts. No, it's folk in the main forum whose bovine idiocy is beyond belief. And those who are consistently rude.

I did briefly block Kim as I didn't want to accidentally come across a picture where she pushed something bigger than her head up her ass. Now I simply don't look.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Default Re: Ignore feature

I do. I block racists and those that just rub me the wrong way. I'm open to a debate, but when you spew a bunch of bullshit then forget about it.

Tell you the truth, the few I've blocked hardly post here. The only way I find out is when someone quotes them...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar

I use it a lot, simply to,block out stuff I've no intention of seeing.

I do use it, but only for obvious fuckwits and juveniles. There's only one in there atm.

TBH I only look inside maybe 10-20% of threads when I am being active, less if not. I need a positive incentive to do so--last post by someone I like or thread started by same...If the title is eye-catching I might take a squint, but obviously any thread that looks, shall we say, like it's specifically aimed at those of a different orientation I just ignore, along with threads originated by people I know to be in that category. I don't bother with promotional threads or the 'look at me I'm such a sissy' ones. That pretty much filters out the worst of it anyway. IMO.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    I was wondering if anyone uses the ignore feature - and if so what sort of people they block.

I used to use it - and have about three or four names still blocked (though they seem to have long since left the forum) - mainly because what they posted was so crass or offensive.

Now as a moderator I don't tend to. Otherwise there are quite a few I might well block - people who post ludicrous and stupid twaddle. Not those I disagree with politically - even though it would probably do my health good not to read their posts. No, it's folk in the main forum whose bovine idiocy is beyond belief. And those who are consistently rude.

I did briefly block Kim as I didn't want to accidentally come across a picture where she pushed something bigger than her head up her ass. Now I simply don't look.
    I use it . A member has to do something really bad in my opinion or just be that one turd in the punchbowl for me to doit though . The other stuff is just par for the course and pretty much just words on a screen . If all agreed on everything this would be a pretty bland. stale and boring board .

Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

The users I block are either offensive, trolls or they seem to post the same topics and pictures over and over and over. That shit gets old really quick.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

I haven't blocked anyone yet- though I'm considering putting my own name on the list, just to see what happens.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	586496  

Senior Member Veteran Poster Genetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MdR Dave View Post
    I haven't blocked anyone yet- though I'm considering putting my own name on the list, just to see what happens.

Oooh that's like dividing by zero lol

I use it and had 4 people blocked, but I took 1 off after they said something horrifically offensive (I saw it quoted) and I wanted them to see my reply.

1 is a regular poster who is full of shit and the other 2 were your typical "WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN???" type. I have no time for irrational people who spout nonsense and can't listen to reason.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

I have a built in ignore function...Hasn't let me down so far!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Silver Poster

Since i joined i think 2 people i had blocked .