Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What's your absolute favorite meal?

Quote Originally Posted by TSLexi View Post
    Hey guys, ladies,

What's your absolute favorite meal? Chicken parmesan with a side of spaghetti bolognese and Caesar salad is mine.
    that's what I've been ordering in Italian restaurants my whole life. If I feel adventurous I'll do chicken francese with a side of potato croquettes, but only rarely
    There's only 5 or 6 places I go to in Bronx and queens, but that's for a whole different thread.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Flabby have you been down to SoHo to get a Cronut? It says in the article below that Dominque Ansel bakes them at 6am and they are gone shortly after he opens at 8am...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...he-cronut.html

have not experienced a cronut yet. 5 bucks for a piece of cake seems a bit elitist. but apparently they can't make them fast enough to meet demand.

gimmie my glazed Duncan Donut with an ice coffee. ($2.39 with discount coupon)

Alan327 Junior Poster

Mine would have to be a good rack of baby back ribs!

Junior Member Rookie Poster

A succulent long, thick & pink Caucasian girlcock, glazed in tangy feminine semen, and always served hot & firm.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Uncooked and still living long pig

Rookie Poster

Jessica Host

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Stepford View Post
    But, they won't serve it to me raw in the finest steakhouses!
    Come to Europe, Trixi. You can get really fine steak tartare in France, Italy, Germany and even a few places here in the UK. I'm not into that, but often enjoy wonderful salmon tartare in Germany.

Just make sure it's not been matured a little too long, or you can get worms.....

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    At the risk of sounding pedantic, the thread asks for a favourite meal, but the posts are only about food: a meal must have food but must surely also involve people and location. A favourite meal is thus an event, of which there have been so many I don't know where to start or end. Sometimes the best meal owes something to time and place -if you have been travelling for a long time and are hungry; or because of the people you are with.

One of the best meals I had was in my twenties and travelling through Italy where in Genoa I ate a simple plate of pasta in a small out of the way place that for some unknown reason tasted as if it had come from heaven. When I was a resident at an institute in a Middle Eastern capital the Palestinian chef used to make sensational dishes of food which were eaten in intelligent company which is something that cannot be bought-even something as simple as Mudardara which I have tried to replicate and just can't get it right. I have had Lechon in Cebu which may the best in the world if not just the Philippines whether or not you are, as I was, with local transexuals who might also be the best in the Philippines if not the world; and in Hong Kong I have had one of the best Indian meals (on Lock Rd in Kowloon), as well as one of the best and most sumptuous of Chinese meals in the company of an old friend I hadn't seen for years which is why it was special. And so on On this basis I am sure other members have some stories to tell!
    I'm firmly with Stavros on this. Mine was on a foggy night in a very atmospheric Venice where we dined simply on pizza, salad and affogato - ice-cream with an espresso poured over it and a carafe of the house red. Everything - the meal, the flavours, the atmosphere, the company, was just perfect - then back through the chilly, fog-filled, medieval streets for a night of glorious sex in a 15th century palazzo.

Now that's a favourite meal!

The day's catch barbecued in the moonlight on the beach at Cascais just south of Lisbon ran it a close second, with damper bread and kangaroo steaks in the outback in Oz coming in third.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    when I go we're 4 people (2 guys, 2 girls) and we get the steak for 3. It's enough for us.
    It's call the Luger's Jewish Plan. waiter sometimes gives us a dirty look but I tip well to compensate.
    Hey, Flabby- one of the Luger's guys opened a restaurant in (what I think was) JP Morgan's personal subway stop--

Any chance you know the name? I can't remember it for the life I me and I haven't been googling lately. . .

Luger's, though- awesome. I lived in W'burg for years and that was my standby for dates, special occasions and Tuesdays.