Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: You gotta love bikers.

I still think they're douche bags

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I use to be a Goon. Now I'm a Pretty Bitch.

Senior Member Junior Poster Idt20082008"'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz View Post
    I still think they're douche bags
    Agreed. But what they did in Moore was awesome

Senior Member Junior Poster bimale69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    could you imagine if one of the WBC protesters showed up on a rice-rocket or a moped??? let the hilarity ensue.
    A lot of the PGR riders have Spyders as well..... It's funny when I pull mine into a gas station to fill the tank up and there's a group of Harley riders in there... They get slack-jawed with that "what the fuck is THAT" look on their faces, I get a good laugh out of it. It's funny when I start mention spyders and some ignorant fool give me that "just get a Harley like everyone" crap. First of all, anyone who believes that Harley, or any " American " brand is 100% US made, is a fool. H-D's suspension components are made and supplied by Showa, which is a Japanese company owned by Honda, and I'll bet a lot of the electronics are outsourced from Taiwan or other Asian country. As for the " rice burners" all of the Japanese companies now build most, if not all their machines here in the States, and as far as I'm concerned, Harley's are mostly outdated junk anyways.

I'm sure to get some flak on here about choosing a machine like the spyder. It doesn't mean that I'm some kind of wimp, or have some kind of handicap or fear of 2 wheelers, it's a completely different animal, basically it's a street legal ATV, built for those who prefer a different way of riding, or for those like me whose motorsports experience is mostly on quads or smowmobiles.

While I'm at it, who the fuck is anyone to dictate what kind of machine other people should ride in one of these PGR missions? the point is to counter-protest a Hateful group of fuckheads who use religion as an excuse to hate.

I don't need anger management. I just need some people to manage their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by bimale69 View Post
    A lot of the PGR riders have Spyders as well..... It's funny when I pull mine into a gas station to fill the tank up and there's a group of Harley riders in there... They get slack-jawed with that "what the fuck is THAT" look on their faces, I get a good laugh out of it. It's funny when I start mention spyders and some ignorant fool give me that "just get a Harley like everyone" crap. First of all, anyone who believes that Harley, or any " American " brand is 100% US made, is a fool. H-D's suspension components are made and supplied by Showa, which is a Japanese company owned by Honda, and I'll bet a lot of the electronics are outsourced from Taiwan or other Asian country. As for the " rice burners" all of the Japanese companies now build most, if not all their machines here in the States, and as far as I'm concerned, Harley's are mostly outdated junk anyways.

I'm sure to get some flak on here about choosing a machine like the spyder. It doesn't mean that I'm some kind of wimp, or have some kind of handicap or fear of 2 wheelers, it's a completely different animal, basically it's a street legal ATV, built for those who prefer a different way of riding, or for those like me whose motorsports experience is mostly on quads or smowmobiles.

While I'm at it, who the fuck is anyone to dictate what kind of machine other people should ride in one of these PGR missions? the point is to counter-protest a Hateful group of fuckheads who use religion as an excuse to hate.
    I rode a Spyder back when they first debuted in the US. Its definitely a different kind of riding than the 2 wheels Im used too. I dont think Id have one over my Busa, but they are a good time. They are worlds better than a Hardley tho. Can-am did a good job of marketing them as a bike for everyone rather than the Bad-ass biker type that SOME harley riders prefer, not to say there are 1000's of dentists and bankers on them.
    And yes, I did put my foot down the first time I came a red light on it. lol

Insert Witty Title Here Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    as much as I despise the Westboro Baptist Church, I have no problem with free speech. I've tolerated Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter, now I think Attorney General Holder needs to smoke a fucking joint and relax, or get fired. As a matter of fact, I think we all need to smoke a joint and relax
    You're confusing freedom of speech with harassment. WBC can sit in their church and go to public places like parks or town squares, or parade even, to spread all the hate they want, I don't care. But when your idea of freedom of speech involves tormenting a family that has NOTHING to do with your supposed statement just for publicity, and on the worst day of their collective lives, then you should be arrested. The difference between having to listen to Rush and the WBC is that you can change the channel or turn Rush off, where as the WBC is standing right outside hounding you and you can't escape from them.

People seem to be confused when they think freedom of speech applies to all cases. It does not, and should never apply at all times. Law school students always hear about how you can't go in to a crowded theater and yell fire, inciting panic. You think people should be allowed to walk through the airport yelling "I have a bomb!" and be allowed to?

Personally, I think the Freedom Riders (the bikers in the pic) should be allowed to whip the shit out of any WBC protester they see. Unfortunately they are non-violent, and not really "bikers" like most people think. They are motorcycle enthusiasts with normal lives who happen to believe in the decency of protecting soldier's families and others from the WBC so they all ride to announced WBC protests and set up a human chain to keep them out.

Last edited by serial138; 06-01-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Member Rookie Poster Luvs T Gyrls's Avatar

My 106 inch Softail will do more than 70MPH easily,we may be douche' bags but we live life on our own terms as free of society's bullshit as we can;like Hank the 3rd says, "We are certain breed and we don't like you,Three shades of black."

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach View Post
    Say it slowly: Vee-twin is spelled D-U-C-A-T-I

Got it now?
    Loud clutches save lives