Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Default Re: I want to get into Photography

I'm still shooting on an old Rebel XT and I <3 it! Why pay more?

~BB~

I'm a Nikon guy simply because every Nikon SLR lens made since the 50's (and there are some excellent older lenses) fits on every Nikon DSLR. Nikon glass is often very expensive as well. Canon gear is top notch too, so you can't go wrong with either of those choices. Sony, Sigma and Pentax make fine cameras which you can often find used for a fraction of the new price. Sony's DSLRs also have the same mount as Minolta cameras, so going with a used Sony and Minolta lenses might be about the cheapest configuration if you wanted to go that route. Having stated this, it's always about the photographer's skills and rarely about the equipment, so don't get overly hung up on what you're shooting with. I have a friend who is a retired AP sports photographer who recently got rid of all of his Nikon equipment (30 + years worth) and now shoots with a Samsung non-DSLR camera and takes amazing photos. Like Bella said, "take the damn classes" ... if you need to.

Your biggest hurdle might actually be finding T-girl models who'll be willing to sit for you. Many are working girls who will likely expect you to pay them for their time. The reality is that quite a few don't give a rat's ass about having decent photos, so the "lure" of professional photographs won't be enough. Additionally, be wary of girls who have an entourage of thug types who'll gladly relieve you of your camera, wallet, etc. (it happens all the time in the big cities). In addition to having the right models, you'll likely want to have a make-up person on hand. Finally, be prepared to spring for studio space unless you actually know the girls on a personal basis and are willing to go to their place, host at your place or rent a motel room (depending on the type of photos you want to take).

Good luck, have fun and we can't wait to see the results!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Oh, I may be on the side of the angels... but don't think for one second that I am one of them. (Sherlock Holmes)

Official HungAngels Sponsor! Professional Poster darkrose2000's Avatar

Nice Thread

I love photography.
    Even that I have a lot more to learn.
    It is fun, it is good when you catch the moment, your way.

It is not so important to make perfect photos, it is important to make in your way, to show the other people your way to see the things.

My advice is DSLR from the low class (whenever you like as a model) and start practice.
    Every day. Photo shoot a lot. And then you will find what you prefer to shoot, and how you prefer to shoot.

And I agree with the most opinions above.

Regars,
    Kalin

P.S. Less reading, more photo shooting.