Rookie Poster

Default FAMOUS SOUTH KOREAN TRANSGENDER SUICIDE

Seoul police gave a statement on October 6, saying, “Jang Chae-won was found dead at home by friends, who made the report. We’ll have to investigate further before determining more details about the incident, but as of this moment there are no suspicions of foul play.”

Perhaps the signs were there in advance; apparently Jang had started posting messages on her personal homepage last month that went, “Will the end of my life be a comedy or a tragedy?” “Life is really tiresome,” and “I wish everything would go the way I wanted.” However, notable is that her message on October 1 was different in tone: “Right now I’m so happy~”

However, her last message posted on October 3 read, “Mom, I’m sorry. I’ll do better next time.”

Jang Chae-won’s profile rose in 2004 when she appeared on SBS’s Truth Game television program as a man dressing as a woman, noted for being even prettier than many woman. Three years later, she took on a sex change operation and began to appear in the public eye once more.

...happened 2 months ago, still thought i should give it a mention, i remember watching her on the net and her cyworld...

R.I.P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jang1_104.jpg 
Views:	740 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	217153  

Default Re: FAMOUS SOUTH KOREAN TRANSGENDER SUICIDE

Quote Originally Posted by TS JENNA
    Seoul police gave a statement on October 6, saying, “Jang Chae-won was found dead at home by friends, who made the report. We’ll have to investigate further before determining more details about the incident, but as of this moment there are no suspicions of foul play.”

Perhaps the signs were there in advance; apparently Jang had started posting messages on her personal homepage last month that went, “Will the end of my life be a comedy or a tragedy?” “Life is really tiresome,” and “I wish everything would go the way I wanted.” However, notable is that her message on October 1 was different in tone: “Right now I’m so happy~”

However, her last message posted on October 3 read, “Mom, I’m sorry. I’ll do better next time.”

Jang Chae-won’s profile rose in 2004 when she appeared on SBS’s Truth Game television program as a man dressing as a woman, noted for being even prettier than many woman. Three years later, she took on a sex change operation and began to appear in the public eye once more.

...happened 2 months ago, still thought i should give it a mention, i remember watching her on the net and her cyworld...

R.I.P
    So sad.

Name:	jangchaewon_156.jpg 
Views:	794 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	217150  

Pretty lady.

Name:	jcw_149.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	217152  

Very sorry to hear about her. I remember seeing her in this video.

Here is another clip. This includes a flashback clip of her on a show (with the red top) in 2004 when she was consdered a cross dresser.

Junior Poster

So sad, their needs to be more support groups in general to help those going thru depression. Here In the states you need to take advantage of the public services offered .