Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking German court rules that men can urinate while standing

German court rules that men can urinate while standing

A court in Germany has ruled in favour of a man's right to urinate while standing up after his landlord demanded money for damage to the bathroom floor.

The landlord, who was seeking €1,900 (£1400; $2,200), claimed the marble floor had been damaged by urine.

But the Duesseldorf judge ruled that the man's method was within cultural norms, saying "urinating standing up is still common practice".

There is some debate in Germany about whether men should sit or stand to pee.

Some toilets have red traffic-style signs forbidding the standing position - but those who choose to sit are often referred to as a "Sitzpinkler", implying it is not masculine behaviour.

Judge Stefan Hank agreed with an expert's report that uric acid had caused some damage to the bathroom's floor.

But concluding, he said men who insist on standing "must expect occasional rows with housemates, especially women" but cannot be held to account for collateral damage.

"Despite growing domestication of men in this matter, urinating while standing up is still common practice," he added.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30937492

http://www.thelocal.de/20150122/cour...te-standing-up

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Default Re: German court rules that men can urinate while standing

Unthinkable? Having a sit down

Should British men learn from their German counterparts, and take to sitting down to pee?

You may not want to know this – and it would be sensible to wait until after breakfast before reading any further – but, apparently, lots of German men nowadays routinely sit down to pee. From quite early on, so it is claimed, German sons are taught that being a Sitzpinkler – translate it yourself – is the done thing and that being a Stehpinkler is simply antisocial. The purpose of this social revolution hardly needs detailed explanation. Stand-up men, let it simply be said, are messier than their seated brethren – and almost never bother to clean up. In some German homes, little notices are tacked to the underside of the toilet seat so that seat-raising males are reminded to consider their options. In others, a ghostly little gadget called a Spuk – a spook – similarly attached to the underside issues a verbal warning to prospective standers. When these gadgets first came on the market they were available in a variety of voices, including those of former chancellors Helmut Kohl and Gerhard Schröder. Nearly two million flew off the shelves, producing one of those unexpected but decisive changes in human behaviour which have helped to make modern German men what they are. All of which raises the question of whether British men might learn from the Germans. British women would certainly approve. And a little gadget with a David Cameron voice reminding British men not to raise the seat might prove to be one of the coalition government's more lasting and transformational achievements.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ing-a-sit-down

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Archmage of the MOSPP Rookie Poster

It's nice to know that the taxpayer's money are used for important things. Same thing all over the world, government using the people's money to regulate things that should be up to the individual citizen.

If love can't find way then lust just might.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    All of which raises the question of whether British men might learn from the Germans.
    Yeah...Right...That'll happen.
    The only time I've ever sat to piss is when I've been too hungover to stand!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Junior Poster

Many German toilets have a shelf though so when you stand and urinate it sprays up, and when you take a dump it sits on the shelf, bloody horrible.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I don't care if you stand or sit, just put the bloody seat down when you're done.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I don't care if you stand or sit, just put the bloody seat down when you're done.

They lift up?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    They lift up?
    Damn you Jericho, do I have to come over there and housebreak you?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Damn you Jericho, do I have to come over there and housebreak you?
    Well my dove, if'n yer offering....

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Why can't people just clean their goddamn bathroom floors regularly...and immediately if they spray. Is that so hard to do?