Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Default List your pet peeves

I have 3 (in no special order)
    Stop putting Dr in front of your name if you're not a real physician or dentist. If you spent 12 years of your life studying French literature that's your parent's problem. You're a pretentious douchebag if you think anyone cares about your PhD.

For the ladies... stop using 2 last names. You can't have it both ways when you get married. Decide to keep your old name or take hubby's. I'm tired of having to write emails to Catherine Spielberg Goldberg. I get it. You have a big shot job and you snared a dude. Now pick a fucking name.

Stop tailgating on the highway. Don't people remember the Driver's Ed handbook we all had to read to get our learner's permit? 1 CAR LENGTH for every 10 miles of speed. If I see your fat ugly face in my rear view mirror, you're too fucking close.

I'm done with rant. anyone care to add ?

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster luvs2lick1385's Avatar

Default Re: List your pet peeves

To all you assholes who drive in the left lane at 40 MPH when the speed limit is 65.

DRIVE RIGHT PASS LEFT YOU MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I flash my lights, I'm only asking you to move your slow ass to the right, not for you to slow down even more........... fucking douche bag.

Thanks...I needed that

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "Knowledge is good" Emil Faber

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky

Asianphile Veteran Poster Ciffer's Avatar

When NY and PA drivers go the speed limit in the left lane while driving in Jersey. In NJ the left lane is for passing only. So NY and PA drivers stay the fuck to the right!

Cabbies and other drivers that just stop wherever they want to pick up or unload their passengers. Oblivious to the people behind them.

Procrastination. Unfortunately I'm guilty of this one.

Spots on glasses and silverware at restaurants.

When you send an important email and end with. "Kindly confirm receipt of this email" and they just fucking blow you off.

When people are chronically late and then make up some obviously bullshit story to get away with it.

Political mis information and unnecessary red tape.

Wa wa wa wa wa wa wa. Thanks flab I love rehashing my peeves. Get to live them over and over and over again. Lol

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Everything counts in large amounts.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

When women attempt to operate a vehicle.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

People who stop traffic to make an illegal left turn. We all do illegal things when we're driving. Illegal u-turns, illegal left turns, drive too fast. Just don't expect people to make special allowance for your illegal acts. By all means, make the illegal u-turn, but only if the opportunity is there to do it unobtrusively.

Actually I want to incorporate some from the op. That's brilliant. The PHD who insists upon being called doctor.

But what about the doctor who corrects people who don't know them and simply forgot to use the title doctor. That's a bit douchey. They are doctor and deserve to be called doctor, but if someone who doesn't know them from a hole in the wall calls them Mr. they can let it go.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

people that say "you do the math"

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    People who stop traffic to make an illegal left turn. We all do illegal things when we're driving. Illegal u-turns, illegal left turns, drive too fast. Just don't expect people to make special allowance for your illegal acts. By all means, make the illegal u-turn, but only if the opportunity is there to do it unobtrusively.
    We have Carpool Lanes here and some think there are special turn lanes for cars that cost over $70,000. I guess we're lucky they're still willing to hit up the Arco to take a shit.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I guess we're lucky they're still willing to hit up the Arco to take a shit.
    Public toilet etiquette probably is a good source of pet peeves. One of the stalls I went into today someone hocked a loogie (if it wasn't a loogie it's worse) on the toilet seat. Someone should be able to try to flush you down the toilet for that. I know it's impossible, but they deserve the chance to try.

Bicycle lanes in Manhattan...one of the stupidest ideas ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciffer View Post
    Cabbies and other drivers that just stop wherever they want to pick up or unload their passengers. Oblivious to the people behind them.
    I want to add to this...it's bad enough that a cab will stop in an active lane, right in front of you, to drop off a passenger, but I really hate when the douche bag passenger then takes his time to make small talk and takes his sweet ass time to disembark and let traffic continue on its way.