Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: List your pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    And yet don't let that discourage you from posting pictures and music or the terrorists win;.
    I won't. The sound of vomit hitting pavement has always been applause to me.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

What could be more simple than a croissant? It is kneaded, baked and eaten. Why, then do so many establishments find it impossible to make one that doesn't taste like concentrated newspaper, or even worse, think that having baked it once, it can then be shoved in a micro-wave -or worse? A few weeks ago in Heathrow, Terminal 4 where there is a paucity of proper cafes I was asked if I wanted my croissant toasted. I don't usually eat filled croissants but I had not had breakfast and opted for a modest version without realising they were going to put the croissant into one of those electronic clamps so it came out completely flat. When it was given to me I looked at it and said 'What is that?' and was going to refuse to eat it but I couldn't be bothered to argue and the staff didn't really know what a croissant was anyway. To them it is just a fancy sandwich. Even in some good cafes where I live I have been asked when ordering the croissant 'Do you want me to heat it up?' not to mention the addition of butter and jam! It already has butter in it, mate. And jam? On a croissant?

LEAVE IT ALONE. A fresh croissant is just that, so stop messing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    What could be more simple than a croissant? It is kneaded, baked and eaten. Why, then do so many establishments find it impossible to make one that doesn't taste like concentrated newspaper, or even worse, think that having baked it once, it can then be shoved in a micro-wave -or worse? A few weeks ago in Heathrow, Terminal 4 where there is a paucity of proper cafes I was asked if I wanted my croissant toasted. I don't usually eat filled croissants but I had not had breakfast and opted for a modest version without realising they were going to put the croissant into one of those electronic clamps so it came out completely flat. When it was given to me I looked at it and said 'What is that?' and was going to refuse to eat it but I couldn't be bothered to argue and the staff didn't really know what a croissant was anyway. To them it is just a fancy sandwich. Even in some good cafes where I live I have been asked when ordering the croissant 'Do you want me to heat it up?' not to mention the addition of butter and jam! It already has butter in it, mate. And jam? On a croissant?

LEAVE IT ALONE. A fresh croissant is just that, so stop messing it up.
    I just ate one of these. So good.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

That looks gross Dino.... I agree with Stavros

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    That looks gross Dino.... I agree with Stavros
    What do you do for breakfast in Englandtown? I usually have a bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios and a 20 oz French Roast coffee. A couple times a week I like to go grab a breakfast sandwich or burrito somewhere. I also like these massive Captain's Breakfasts served at British Pubs. I make really good coffee at home if you like it strong. Gotta be able to open my eyes after smoking a mountain of weed the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    What do you do for breakfast in Englandtown? I usually have a bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios and a 20 oz French Roast coffee. A couple times a week I like to go grab a breakfast sandwich or burrito somewhere. I also like these massive Captain's Breakfasts served at British Pubs. I make really good coffee at home if you like it strong. Gotta be able to open my eyes after smoking a mountain of weed the night before.
    I used to love Honey-Nut Cheerios...but I stopped keeping cereal in the house for two reasons :
    1. I not a big fan of milk in anything anymore.
    2. When I get stoned I would gulp down the whole box dry...even as I'm coughing and choking on it..crumbs flying everywhere.

..now for breakfast I usually just have a plain bagel with Benecol on it,.....keeps me healthy and makes up for the late night, drunken White Castle binges.

When dingy broads have no idea that they are actually expected to share the sidewalk instead of hogging the whole thing with their fat ass and saddle bags making you walk in the street to avoid goring the cow.

Epic traffic jam today in Pasadena , semi hits another semi , center divider and onto commuter train tracks.
    When I lived and drove a cab in New York , the cops would have been in the streets and intersections including along the alternate routes getting that traffic moving .
    Not in LA !
    In the 25 years I've lived here I can count the times I've seen it on the fingers of one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I just ate one of these. So good.

one double croissant contains 3 days worth of your allowable salt content Dino.
    BK really needs to come up with reduced sodium/calorie version. Be nice if they could manage to get some fiber in there too.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

I do not like it when people interrupt me. I mean if we are having a heated debate when it refers to either politics, religion, or any other hot button issue then I do not mind. But when I am the middle of a conversation with someone and someone just interrupts then I take offense.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.