Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scientist find a gene in mtf transsexuals that says we were born this way!

Great article the picture they used is horrible! We are not the rocky horror picture show!

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articl...27/2401941.htm

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Scientist find a gene in mtf transsexuals that says we were born this way!

I didn't need a team of scientists to tell me that, but it's nice to have their confirmation. Thanks for the link Kelly.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

General Dick Suction Veteran Poster Ms.Stepford's Avatar

Default Re: Scientist find a gene in mtf transsexuals that says we were born this way!

That's cool. Maybe this will lead to people shutting up about lifestyle choice.

At the same time I've always been one to say I don't care why. I just am.

Fuck it though. I would love to be scientifically validated, so I could be all "STFU AND GO TO SCHOOL YOU IGNORANT FUCK!"

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster Toadily's Avatar

Not to kissable

Senior Member Junior Poster Rabbiteyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Stepford View Post
    At the same time I've always been one to say I don't care why. I just am.
    I kind of prefer to think I chose this.... it is far more empowering to say "I'm a guy who CHOSE to embrace femininity" instead of "I'm a victim of my genes" (since many would spin it in the realm of a handicap or other disadvantage).

The thing is though, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. While the genes may make us feel a certain way, we still definitely chose to embrace it or not and transition.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

General Dick Suction Veteran Poster Ms.Stepford's Avatar

That sounds about right. I could have chose to live a miserable life, if I really wanted to live as a pretty man with a secret I'd never tell.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Trans admirer and friend Junior Poster

Interesting find, and gives much insight to the genetics of a transsexual.

However, the thought I have always had is..

Let's say, If scientists or a study group were able to KNOW a future transsexual MtF at birth, and put this "male" into an all male environment with no references to female clothing, mannerisms and gender roles.
    Would "he" still want to be female? Even if he doesn't know what a female is
    Would he just take a "submissive" role without desiring to be a female? Of course it's all speculation.
    How would you put together such a group after all?
    But the question lingers, how much of transsexuality comes from the fact that females have a distinct visual and behavioral identity from males?

It's genetics AND environmental influence IMO.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

You ladies are all absolutely right. Transsexalism IS NOT simply a psychological condition. It has been established for a good while now.
    These reaserches are very promising! But they're probably only one more of the 30 or 40 different conditions which can interviene during fetal developement to create a feminized brain in an individual with a xy sexual genotype.
    If these reaserches can at last wake some doubters up, thank "God"! at last! But my hunch is that there is still a certain number of socially accepted patterns in ideas that will set it aside as being only theories, and namely this idea still entertained with so much force that humans are tabula rasa and that culture only defines an individual.

The best excerpt of the article, imo:
    'More feminised brain'
    The researchers suggest reduced androgen and androgen signalling contributes to the female gender identity of male to female transsexuals.

"It is possible that a decrease in testosterone levels in the brain during development might result in incomplete masculinisation of the brain in male to female transsexuals, resulting in a more feminised brain and a female gender identity," they say.

People develop an inner sense of being male or female from an early age but transsexuals identify with a physical sex opposite to their biological sex.

Some theories suggest causes include psychosocial factors including dysfunctional family dynamics and traumatic childhood experiences.

But research is increasingly implicating biological factors including family history and genetics.

"There is a social stigma that transsexualism is simply a lifestyle choice, however our findings support a biological basis of how gender identity develops," Harley says.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbiteyes View Post
    I kind of prefer to think I chose this.... it is far more empowering to say "I'm a guy who CHOSE to embrace femininity" instead of "I'm a victim of my genes" (since many would spin it in the realm of a handicap or other disadvantage).
    The thing is though, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. While the genes may make us feel a certain way, we still definitely chose to embrace it or not and transition.
    There's probably some choices that we make, I'm sure, Rabbiteyes. But the extent to which we make such choices is in fact so reduced. For instance, what do you choose of your sexual orientation? Very very little...
    Personaly, I think we humans are completely full of shit: we exagerate our independance and capacities to make ourselves believe that we're close to gods. But we're essentially animals, as evolutive sciences have well shown...

Quote Originally Posted by my my my! View Post
    Interesting find, and gives much insight to the genetics of a transsexual.

However, the thought I have always had is..

Let's say, If scientists or a study group were able to KNOW a future transsexual MtF at birth, and put this "male" into an all male environment with no references to female clothing, mannerisms and gender roles.
    Would "he" still want to be female? Even if he doesn't know what a female is
    Would he just take a "submissive" role without desiring to be a female? Of course it's all speculation.
    How would you put together such a group after all?
    But the question lingers, how much of transsexuality comes from the fact that females have a distinct visual and behavioral identity from males?

It's genetics AND environmental influence IMO.
    My mother says I was screaming for pink/barbies and playing in her shoes at age 2 and whenever my dad brought boy stuff home I'd pout and scream and throw it.

All my sisters and brothers were out of the house by the time I was born..

An only child so I don't think it's learned

My mom said I knew from the get go that I was a female.

That's why she was just waiting for the day for me to say I can't live this lie anymore.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com