Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Internet Rage

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Default Internet Rage

When I was a kid I remember watching that old Goofy cartoon, the one when he got behnd the wheel he turned into a monster, but when he was out of the car he was ok. We al know of people who have road rage-
    but its seems to me that on boards something like "internet rage " has developed.

People just going on and insulting or antogonizing for the sake of it-even when in an argument they take the lowest base of insults. I myslef have had a few "fights" on here and have been guilty of saying a mean thing or two to certain persons- but never just to be offensive or personally attack.

With revent posts by stickpussy, mixedpretty boy, and geek meet, and others we know well-they go off on these tyrades then some go back and apologize for it.

Some of them have admitted that it's because they have issues with themselves, transsexuals, or whatever. But I personally think that for most people who randomly do these type of posts, it somehow gives them power. Maybe they don't feel too good about themselves, or they are angry, issues etc..So they site behind a pc screen and say things and insult people that they would not have the nerve to do in person.
    It gives them the upper hand in their mind to say- "Im better than you" in so many words and satisfies those feelings of inadequacy that they might have.

I wonder is this is spawning all this "Internet Rage"....

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

I think you've identified and nicely labeled that phenomenon, Allanah. I know I am occasionally guilty myself. Fortunately, physical altercations rarely arise online (though virtual fights break out often), but unfortunately damage can be done anyway, to one's reputation for instance.

Internet Rage is an equal opportunity afflication that strikes both guys and TS's. I like to call it "the binary bi-polar".

One of the more telling signs of this tragic condition can be seen when reading a post or email. Suddenly (and often without warning) what was once an even toned and rational post morphs into a "fucking curse filled motherfucking suck my dick you stupid bitch" fest followed by ATTACK OF THE CAPS LOCK AND TOO MANY EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!

(This is not a dig at Mega, btw).

Great thread… In my view, just about everyone can be guilty of a bad post at some time or other. Sometimes it’s just a single bad day that results in a slightly off color comment. Other times it’s a real question that is taken the wrong way. At times, people try to be funny, but sarcasm doesn’t necessarily come through all that well in a written format.

That said, there is definitely a very small minority – you count these men and at least one TG on a single hand – that appear to thrive on continual conflict or attempts to insight conflict, etc. I would agree with the assessment that such behavior is generally born out of a sense of powerlessness, anger, and a loathing of one’s self.

The internet seems to be like driving for some people. The physical distance allows certain individuals to find the fleeting courage to express themselves in a way they never would if they were standing within reach. Though I have on occasion allowed myself to engage such individuals, I usually just laugh at them. Still, I have a dark sense of humor; others may not be so inclined to see the comedy in such posts.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I think everyone knows just what's being discussed (at least partially) in this thread. There is only one decent solution, and that is "someone" owes Allanah a Big Apology.

Now don't mind me, but I'm going to go hide behind some curtains with a kazoo and a seltzer bottle. Someone give me the signal when they shake hands. . .

But seriously, the Goofy cartoon is a good illustration. Goofy's a good guy, helpful, nice to everyone nearly all of the time. Occasionally he becomes a rampaging monster, but it's pretty much just for comedic effect. And it's probably not good for the people on the road with him, but it's damn funny to watch from a distance. "Hey bub! Out of my way! Buy a horse, Pall!"

The other form of net rage, the screaming and venomous insulting, is pretty much just unavoidable sometimes. Frustration, alcohol, I'm sure drugs in some cases, make people do wacky things sometimes. I'm not sure what can be done about that other then trying to figure out what's bothering the person.

Now I'm going to go sit in the park for awhile and yell at squirrels. That damn Attorney General has really been pissing me off lately. . .

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Actually honda, im not fishing for an apology. Because an internet insult has the same effect as an internet apology-zilch.

If I was insulted by a friend, or someone I cared about- th en yes I owuld be hurt. I do actually have friends on this board and people I respect, Seanchai, NYCe, etc. But I have really learned living as a transsexual and in the adult business /entertainment business that you can not take alot of things personal.

Of ocurse I am only human and sometimes it does affect me. But I just think curious how some people are just so angry, or post angry things, or insult, or are ontentionally mean- when in person they would probably be sweet as pie. Maybe its MPD - lol jk

I really think its issues-

There is a different like someone like myself, escstatic, etc- who has a contant flow of the same type of posts-may have a little tiff from time to time, , and some on who nice errupts all the time, or always talks shit, or makes it a point to pick apart someone.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    Now I'm going to go sit in the park for awhile and yell at squirrels.
    Not to distract from the topic at hand, but that one killed me. I am currently working out of my vacation property in PA. When not on my laptop, which is where I work from, I have been attempting to paint my back deck. For three days I have painted my deck only to have the same fucking squirrel go running back and forth across it as soon as I finish.

I don't get it!! What could possibly be so interesting to him that he has to keep fucking with my paint job??? I've never seen this behavior before and am, frankly, at a loss as to how to fix his fur covered ass. I am sick of it here already and want to return to NYC, but I can not thanks to my obviously superior adversary. You may be thinking that I should just deal with the squirrel prints all over my deck, but I just can't seem to do it. FUUUCCCKKK!!!!

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

It's probably not just one squirrel, but a whole gang of them, Quinn. Each has to take it's turn in the The Running Of The Deck, an initiation into the Paint Foot Clan.

You may be stuck there awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    It's probably not just one squirrel, but a whole gang of them,
    Though I have only seen one, there may very well be more. Usually, I am a huge fan of nature. Today, not so much. Either way, it's now raining. It's a little like the Alamo – and I'm not Santa Anna. Where in the hell is my white flag?

-Quinn

5 Star Poster

I can see where this is going and I would like to thank Allanah for her well meant apology to me. It was totally not necessary, but it was a nice token gesture just the same. However, it is a bit vindicating and completely justifiable.

I feel so warm inside now.

V