Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Default The term transsexual...why doesn't it apply to me?

I am not making a blanket statement here so whatever you see yourself as or whatever issues with your sexuality that you might have, please understand this is about me and possibly a few others here. And if this comes across as kind of insipid or stupid, my apologies. I've been struggling with this for along time.

Let's take a look at the sexuality labels and their 'medical' definitions:

Heterosexual: A person sexually attracted to persons of the opposite sex. Or a person who has sexual relations with the opposite sex. Colloquially known as "straight."

Homosexual: A person sexually attracted to persons of the same sex. Homosexuals include males (gays) and females (lesbians).

Bisexual: An individual who engages in both heterosexual and homosexual sexual relations. Bisexual can also refer to the corresponding lifestyle.

Transsexual: One who mentally and emotionally identifies as a different sex to the one they have been assigned by society according to their anatomy. Transsexual people will often undergo hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery (as finances and opportunity allow). While the medical establishment claims that transsexual people are suffering from "gender dysphoria", many transsexuals reply that the problem is not with their "gender" but with their "sex" (i.e. their bodies) and that "anatomical dysphoria" is a much more accurate description. Some therapists and sex researchers now use this term and some research suggests that transsexualism is caused by a brain which is differently "sexed" to the person's body.

Other terms: Heteroflexible, trisexual, fauxmosexual, and many more...

There is much debate as to actual definitions, but I'm just using these as a base to work from.

Okay, for years I've thought to myself, why is there no label for me, a person who is soley attracted to transsexuals. If you look at the terms above, you can see that all of them are alike, can be applied to whatever sex, except for the term, transsexual. That is used soley for transsexuals proper.

If I was gay I could be a homosexual. If I was straight, i could be a heterosexual. Bisexual, same thing. And so on. But I can't be a transsexual.

I've heard all the other terms used and tried them on for size like transsensual, transamorous, queer, and all the rest. But none of them are definitive. None of them identify me as what I am. They come across as throwaway terms. There's nothing to root myself in definitively.

So, I'm putting this out there to see what others like me have come up with for themselves. This isn't a rehash of the "am I straight?" threads. I know I'm not straight. And therein lies the problem. Why can't I respond to someone with one definitive word when they ask me what my orientation is? I know what I am. Why is there no term for me? And if all of the -sexual terms are used to identify sexuality, why doesn't transsexual apply to me?

Oh, and tranny chaser is bs term with nothing but negative connotations, so let's just throw that one out with the bathwater right away, hmm. ")

Thoughts?

Veteran Poster

Here's a thought.

I personally do not think that anyone is totally straight or gay, and that labels never hold up to scrutiny.

Perhaps you should take comfort in the fact that your sexual orientation is undefinable... maybe it means you are actually just normal

Not a totally helpful answer, sorry

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Chick with a Dick Lover?

Three Legged Lady Chaser?

I think there are very few people who are solely attracted to transgenders. Most into tgirls like women AND transgenders - a few like men AND transgenders - some like all.
    Why do you feel the need to define yourself with one word? How often does it come up in conversation outside sex "What orientation are you?"
    Most transgenders I know would reply ... female.

This pre-occupation that many people have with trying to pigeon-hole themselves shows an insecurity with who they are and where they fit in society, family and friends. I mean that with no disrespect intended at you Whatsupwiththat but there is no need to analize it and worry about a word.

You can't call yourself transsexual because you don't identify as being a different sex. You don't have gender dysphoria in any way. You just have a preference for the girls you like to be transgenders the same some guys solely prefer Asian girls, fat girls, black girls etc - and get coined the terms, rice chasers, chubby chasers and having jungle fever - all derogatory terms but you rarely see them needing to clarify who they are to society by needing a term.

seanchai

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default Re: The term transsexual...why doesn't it apply to me?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupwithat
    I am not making a blanket statement here so whatever you see yourself as or whatever issues with your sexuality that you might have, please understand this is about me and possibly a few others here. And if this comes across as kind of insipid or stupid, my apologies. I've been struggling with this for along time.

Let's take a look at the sexuality labels and their 'medical' definitions:

Heterosexual: A person sexually attracted to persons of the opposite sex. Or a person who has sexual relations with the opposite sex. Colloquially known as "straight."

Homosexual: A person sexually attracted to persons of the same sex. Homosexuals include males (gays) and females (lesbians).

Bisexual: An individual who engages in both heterosexual and homosexual sexual relations. Bisexual can also refer to the corresponding lifestyle.

Transsexual: One who mentally and emotionally identifies as a different sex to the one they have been assigned by society according to their anatomy. Transsexual people will often undergo hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery (as finances and opportunity allow). While the medical establishment claims that transsexual people are suffering from "gender dysphoria", many transsexuals reply that the problem is not with their "gender" but with their "sex" (i.e. their bodies) and that "anatomical dysphoria" is a much more accurate description. Some therapists and sex researchers now use this term and some research suggests that transsexualism is caused by a brain which is differently "sexed" to the person's body.

Other terms: Heteroflexible, trisexual, fauxmosexual, and many more...

There is much debate as to actual definitions, but I'm just using these as a base to work from.

Okay, for years I've thought to myself, why is there no label for me, a person who is soley attracted to transsexuals. If you look at the terms above, you can see that all of them are alike, can be applied to whatever sex, except for the term, transsexual. That is used soley for transsexuals proper.

If I was gay I could be a homosexual. If I was straight, i could be a heterosexual. Bisexual, same thing. And so on. But I can't be a transsexual.

I've heard all the other terms used and tried them on for size like transsensual, transamorous, queer, and all the rest. But none of them are definitive. None of them identify me as what I am. They come across as throwaway terms. There's nothing to root myself in definitively.

So, I'm putting this out there to see what others like me have come up with for themselves. This isn't a rehash of the "am I straight?" threads. I know I'm not straight. And therein lies the problem. Why can't I respond to someone with one definitive word when they ask me what my orientation is? I know what I am. Why is there no term for me? And if all of the -sexual terms are used to identify sexuality, why doesn't transsexual apply to me?

Oh, and tranny chaser is bs term with nothing but negative connotations, so let's just throw that one out with the bathwater right away, hmm. ")

Thoughts?
    Interesting. I have no idea what the answer is. A long time ago, on a different forum, the term "Stray" was born, for guys only interested in TS girls. My post on that forum initiated the term, and it honestly was kinda a lie. I'm no more or less attracted to TS girls then I am to GG girls.

I was hopelessly attracted to a specific girl, and I would have said anything to get her attention.

I don't know the answer.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Chick with a Dick Lover?

Three Legged Lady Chaser?

I think there are very few people who are solely attracted to transgenders. Most into tgirls like women AND transgenders - a few like men AND transgenders - some like all.
    Why do you feel the need to define yourself with one word? How often does it come up in conversation outside sex "What orientation are you?"
    Most transgenders I know would reply ... female.

This pre-occupation that many people have with trying to pigeon-hole themselves shows an insecurity with who they are and where they fit in society, family and friends. I mean that with no disrespect intended at you Whatsupwiththat but there is no need to analize it and worry about a word.
    It's not an insecurity in myself. It's a way to define to others what is a very real thing. In fact, I think what not having a term accomplishes is demeaning to transsexuals themselves. It's way of 'being in the closet' and is an extension of the shame that so many men feel. And that, in turn, leads to confusion, distrust, and an ambiguity that is unhealthy in relationships. And that's one of the biggest issues I have with it.

It's interesting that the transsexuals you know call themselves female to others. But this isn't about that.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    You can't call yourself transsexual because you don't identify as being a different sex. You don't have gender dysphoria in any way. You just have a preference for the girls you like to be transgenders the same some guys solely prefer Asian girls, fat girls, black girls etc - and get coined the terms, rice chasers, chubby chasers and having jungle fever - all derogatory terms but you rarely see them needing to clarify who they are to society by needing a term.

seanchai
    I know why I can't call myself a transsexual. That's not the point so much as all of the other terms we have for sexuality apply across the board.

What you wrote above puts transsexuals into a fetish category. It's not a fetish to me. It's my sexuality. It's not a preference. pure and simple.

5 Star Poster

ps - no offense to you, either, seanchai.

pss - not looking to be analyzed so much as to ask why is there no term for men like me? why is it ignored in the pantheon of sexual literature?

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I disagree with you. I think it's more demeaning to most transsexuals to know that your purely into transsexuals because let's face it, the only real discernable differences are:
    a) either she has a penis or used to have one.
    b) when she was born, current norms classed her as male.

In all other aspects other than above, she's a female. So somebody like yourself is purely into her for one of those reasons - and that is demeaning within itself.

As far as people being into an ethnic identity or body type being a fetish, I also disagree. It's a preference, a like, an attraction. It's not a fetish and most people who like transgenders for more than just the sexual kick, it is just the same, it's a preference.

Do you really think your TS girlfriend when your questioned in public what your sexual identity is, you to answer some word that means the same as "Tranny chaser" (no matter how you dress it up, it has the same negative connoctations) or would she rather have you say ... I like girls?

You stated that you need to define to others who you are - that's a form of insecurity right there.

I'm not trying to have a fight with you. Your post makes sense but in fact, it's little more than the "Am I Gay" re-hashed that you tried to stay away from.

seanchai

5 Star Poster

One more thing...

I'm at a club the other night shooting this docu-series i'm doing and I was talking to a drag queen who i really didn't know. we were rapping about my liking transsexuals. I was reprimanded up and down about how I didn't need a label. So I had to ask. What do you see yourself as? The answer? "Oh, I know honey. I'm a gay man through and through." ha!

I have to agree with Seanchai. If you recognize transsexual women as women, with there being no difference between them and a GG in that respect, then how can you say you're attracted solely to transsexual women?

This is, as Seanchai said, disrespectful to the transgendered to some degree, as you clearly make a distinction between transsexual women and genetic females based on what you've said here.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    I have to agree with Seanchai. If you recognize transsexual women as women, with there being no difference between them and a GG in that respect, then how can you say you're attracted solely to transsexual women?

This is, as Seanchai said, disrespectful to the transgendered to some degree, as you clearly make a distinction between transsexual women and genetic females based on what you've said here.
    Tj's vast experience with TS girls is clearly spanking some ass here.