Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Question/Idea For Seanchai

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post
    Yes, "traps" come and go quickly. There does to seem to be tons of them though.
    I don't mean to be condescending as I do have a little bit of experience in starting a business.

The hardest part of figuring out whether to start a business? Getting the kind of numbers Seanchai provided you with a couple pages back. If you're really interested in such a site, you need to take all of these numbers, make conservative estimates about what you can do and think about whether you have the money, the patience, and the time to make it work.

Can you withstand years of debt to make it work? If so, who's going to lend you working capital if you don't generate it? At what point do you decide that months of negative operating income is too much to bear? Is this going to be your sole source of income? If not then how are you going to work and run the site? If so, then how do you manage in the interim?

It's very frustrating when you have a good idea and then you find out it's not feasible. That's life though. I've been discouraged out of many "good ideas" once people gave me enough information to figure out I couldn't make it work. They're doing you a favor, though it doesn't seem like it at the time.

She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I don't mean to be condescending as I do have a little bit of experience in starting a business.

The hardest part of figuring out whether to start a business? Getting the kind of numbers Seanchai provided you with a couple pages back. If you're really interested in such a site, you need to take all of these numbers, make conservative estimates about what you can do and think about whether you have the money, the patience, and the time to make it work.

Can you withstand years of debt to make it work? If so, who's going to lend you working capital if you don't generate it? At what point do you decide that months of negative operating income is too much to bear? Is this going to be your sole source of income? If not then how are you going to work and run the site? If so, then how do you manage in the interim?

It's very frustrating when you have a good idea and then you find out it's not feasible. That's life though. I've been discouraged out of many "good ideas" once people gave me enough information to figure out I couldn't make it work. They're doing you a favor, though it doesn't seem like it at the time.
    Lol I'm not creating a site like this. I wasn't even considering it. I don't have the resources.

Gold Poster

I guess I really meant that for Johnny Blaze but was going through you in case he got a little touchy over it.