Page 147 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2347
    bannedforlife Junior Poster

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

[QUOTE=Willie Escalade;1145781]146 pages...of something non-TS related. I never thought I'd see that day...[/QUOTe

The reason this has become such a popular topic, is due to the media, trying its best to make this a white on black crime. Well, Zimmerman may be a white hispanic, but he doesn't look like any white guy I know. Remember, if you call Zimmerman white, than you must call President Obama white, as they both have one white parent. So, would this still be a story, if Zimmerman had two hispanic parents ? I am almost certain, it would not.

Another point, if all races are genetically equal, then there doesn't serve any purpose to distinguish people by race. The public needs to revolt against any goverment agency or private organization recording anyone's race. It should be illegal. Like religion, race is just a means to separate us....divide, conquer and control the human spirit. If anyone knows any organizations trying to remove racial categories from our lives, I would like to know about it.

Banned - Long overdue. Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Trayvon Martin is not on trial, how he performed in school and whether or not this teenager preferred listening to music rather than reading Einstein is also not relevant, but it says a lot about your own mind set that instead of focusing on the act that ended his life and the role played by Florida law and law enforcement, you have a burning need to blame the victim. So, Professor, what were you doing when you were a teenager?
    Then why does the Miami Herald feel the need to write an article espousing all of these (somewhat contradictory) details about Travon Martin then? Why is the media also trying to dig up irrelevent stuff from Zimmermans past? I'll tell you why: The media and the general public are quite content conducting the trial right here, right now outside of the courtroom. Don't shoot the messenger, I didn't write that meaningless, irrelevant story.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    What I find depressing is that people have decided they know what kind of teenager Trayvon Martin was, without ever having met him, and judging him on something superficial like facebook.
    Dude, what do you think a jury is going to have to do? Why is that depressig? Seems that this would be the case in any trial where one person was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    This is what you don't get. We beef online and you talk a lot of mad shit coming off like an interwebz Charles Bronson,
    You've completely mischaraterized me but that's fine. All I've ever done is mention the utter hypocirsy in the media and general public regarding racism and hate crimes. I'm sick to death of black people getting a pass on racism and hate crimes in the media while stories like Zimmerman and blown way out of proportion and are used by the media as examples of how black people are somehow victims when the real facts are that black people are leaving a vile and brutal path of destruction in thier wake. You can't fool me. All the media lies in the world can't fool me. I know what's happening.

but here's the thing; if both you and I were walking down opposite sides of the sidewalk at night IRL, me wearing shades and a ski cap, you dressed however but packing concealed, THERE WOULD BE VIRTUALLY NO CHANCE THAT THERE WOULD BE A VIOLENT CONFRONTATION BETWEEN US.
    That's probalby true, but then Zimmerman was living in a community that was increasingly becomign a hotbed of criminal activity. And who do you think was committing a disproprotionate amount of crime in that community? Black people of course. If I lived in a community where there was a lot of crime commited by black people I would be FAR more suspicios of you walking down the street in a hoodie than I would be out in the general public or in a community where there was little or no crime. That's just human nature. I'm still astonished as to why black people are indignant about racial profiling. It's almost comical actually. Don't want to be profiled? How about get your shit together and stop commiting crimes... Holy fuck do we really have to have this conversation?

When two people are exercising their lawful right to walk the fucking streets, and some nobody asshole takes it upon himself to question that right, whatever happens after the fact is the fault of the person who initiates a confrontation.
    Not necessarily. You may not like the way somebody is talking to you and you are not obligated to respond or answer questions but you certainly don't have the right to assault someobody if they have caused you no physical harm. A verbal confrontation is not illegal and that does not give somebody a right to initiate a physical confrontation (no matter how angry you are).

George may have been within his rights to question Trayvon, however Trayvon was within his right to think I'm not saying shit to this asshole because he has not legal authority to question me.
    Agreed.

Anyway you wanna cut this, Zimmerman is at fault.As for the state prosecutor taking on this case, I think she has broader sentencing discretion than only a 2nd degree murder conviction. I too think the most likely outcome is a manslaughter conviction not knowing all the evidence she's going to present at trial.
    Zimmerman may have acted unwisely (i.e. following Travon when the dispatcher advised him not to) but that doesn't make him at fault because it isn't illegal. Even if Zimmerman confronted him and they exhanged words, that isn't illegal either and therefore the question of 'fault' is completely irrelevant. The only question that matters is who initiated the physical altercation (that is illegal) and was Zimmerman justified in pulling the trigger? That's all that should matter.

[quote=fastingforlife;1145968]
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    146 pages...of something non-TS related. I never thought I'd see that day...[/QUOTe

The reason this has become such a popular topic, is due to the media, trying its best to make this a white on black crime. Well, Zimmerman may be a white hispanic, but he doesn't look like any white guy I know. Remember, if you call Zimmerman white, than you must call President Obama white, as they both have one white parent. So, would this still be a story, if Zimmerman had two hispanic parents ? I am almost certain, it would not.

Another point, if all races are genetically equal, then there doesn't serve any purpose to distinguish people by race. The public needs to revolt against any goverment agency or private organization recording anyone's race. It should be illegal. Like religion, race is just a means to separate us....divide, conquer and control the human spirit. If anyone knows any organizations trying to remove racial categories from our lives, I would like to know about it.
    Amen and applause.....

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Racial profiling assumes for instance ANY Black person is potentially involved in illegal behavior. It's not typical profiling where law enforcement is tracking a fugitive suspect who's just committed a crime and fits a specific physical profile.

Getting pulled over by cops for driving while Black is not a rational act. It's racist.

Somewhat off topic but amusing nonetheless...

Getting pulled over by cops for driving while Black is not a rational act. It's racist.
    Lol, find me ONE police report that says "I pulled the suspect over because he was black..."

Good luck with that.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hard4janira View Post
    Somewhat off topic but amusing nonetheless...

BOTH would look more like his son.
    Are you serious, or is one of them Chinese??

Racial profiling assumes for instance ANY Black person is potentially involved in illegal behavior. It's not typical profiling where law enforcement is tracking a fugitive suspect who's just committed a crime and fits a specific physical profile.

I am not one who buys in to this whole everything is racist excuse that we hear these days, but I think its absolutely true that police profile black people. Same with Latinos. I don't think its right to racially profile, but I can see why they do it. Look at how supportive the black community was of profiling Arabs at the airport though. Why were they supportive? Because its pretty much only been Arabs hijacking and trying to blow up planes. I am not saying that all blacks and latinos are worthy of being profiled, but most of the gang activity that happens in this country involves black and Latino gangs. Just like most of the terrorism that has happened has came from Arabs. If you are dressing or acting like the stereotype of a black or Latino gang member, you are likely to get harassed. Just like when you see an Arab with a turban at the airport, everyone is going to profile them. Same thing goes here with the cops and profiling blacks and latinos. I am not trying to justify it. I am just saying that I think this is why it happens.