Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New App ideas

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: New App ideas

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    Yeah man don't patent anything it'll work great! The least amount of peer reviewed documentation possible is the way to go dude! Man the people maintaining those internet servers will be blown away you're valuable ideas. Then someday they might even call the president to tell them of your new ideas! Woah man that's golden.

Internet Servers!!!!
    You can't patent ideas anyway...you have to have blueprints, computer code, or something like that for patents.

And if the server here doesn't work it won't matter because I can't do anything with the idea in the first place.

But thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    actually it isn't because you didn't realize that you can't record sound on a gif let alone a 10 second gif
    Of course you can, what do you think Vine is? Or GIF-like, video that loops...or something that doesn't loop like on instagram.

Last edited by nysprod; 10-21-2013 at 07:25 AM.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

lol you're funny. chances are, if anyone has a million, they won't want to part with it. and they can probably afford a lawyer who will make sure you don't get it
    Lol...if anyone has a million...I'm telling you, it's chump change...if a 24 year old coding geek was doing this he'd have $20M in VC right off the bat, no prob...you have no idea the money here going into tech right now.

Last edited by nysprod; 10-21-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    Lol...if anyone has a million...I'm telling you, it's chump change...if a 24 year old coding geek was doing this he'd have $20M in VC right off the bat, no prob...you have no idea the money here going into tech right now.
    you're wrong

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

you're wrong

Agreed.

you're wrong
    Didn't you say you couldn't make looping videos w/audio a few posts back...no offense, but you're the guy who would have said food at gas stations was a dumb idea...anyway, the real point was the app idea itself.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Agreed.
    I think the target audience for the app itself is probably younger than you...or me for that matter...I mean, I wouldn't bother with it myself, it's really for the 18-35 demographic and in your case especially, you're probably lucky if you get to sit down for a couple of hours to even watch a match.

Last edited by nysprod; 10-21-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Silver Poster

Didn't you say you couldn't make looping videos w/audio a few posts back...no offense, but you're the guy who would have said food at gas stations was a dumb idea...anyway, the real point was the app idea itself.
    your idea for the sports app (besides being pretty silly) is that "the app makes like a 10 second gif from it."

you can't put sound on a .gif

I think the target audience for the app itself is probably younger than you...or me for that matter...I mean, I wouldn't bother with it myself, it's really for the 18-35 demographic and in your case especially, you're probably lucky if you get to sit down for a couple of hours to even watch a match.

I'm not knocking the app. (actually didn't even read it) but I work with a lot of VC's and raising that capital isn't easy to do for an app. As it is, you could probably build an app. like this (read it now) for under $20k so anyone investing more would be pretty silly.

I'm not knocking the app. (actually didn't even read it) but I work with a lot of VC's and raising that capital isn't easy to do for an app. As it is, you could probably build an app. like this (read it now) for under $20k so anyone investing more would be pretty silly.
    Maybe $20k for the code, I really don't know...but with an app like this I would think there needs to be licensing because, for example, you can't use video of the NFL without their consent and that obviously means lawyers, upfront fees, etc.

Maybe $20k for the code, I really don't know...but with an app like this I would think there needs to be licensing because, for example, you can't use video of the NFL without their consent and that obviously means lawyers, upfront fees, etc.
    Yeah that's a fair point but I don't see it being a million dollar/multi-million dollar sales app. either.

I also don't believe you simply writing it down would have any legal bearing or anyone would pay to make you go away.

Yeah that's a fair point but I don't see it being a million dollar/multi-million dollar sales app. either.

I also don't believe you simply writing it down would have any legal bearing or anyone would pay to make you go away.
    That last part was me trying to be funny, so I really don't know...but I do think the app itself would find a good-sized audience, especially with posting the calls you make directly to FB, IG, etc.