Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Junior Poster

I play *takes deep breath* piano (13 years), guitar, bass, sax, drums...gonna start teaching myself violin one of these days.

I guess I also sing. Not really big on singing but I did recently play Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar...

It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Professional Poster

wow it is interestin to see the musicians come out of the woodworks...i have played guitar and bass for some twenty years in various projects-i was in a scandalous hardcore punk band in the 80's and toured extensively throughout the us and canada in a dusty,smokey van..in the early 90's i went back to my garage band routes and played in several of these type o things ...as of late i have been playin long distance(due to hurricane katrina) with some people doin some worldbeatacidjazzhiphops..a west african rapperd.j,keybords and drummer to round ou the sound...
    the telecaster-no pick-old vintage amps.............

I play guitar, but want to learn more Keyboards (maybe mandy will lend me a hand)

Some of my favorite bands (I hesitate to say they are all major influences) are:
    Bowie, Sly and the family stone, Pavement, Daft Punk, Weezer, Prince, The Staple Singers, the Rolling Stones, The Misfits, Sparklehorse, and The Flaming Lips to name a few.

There is only one person in the world who is going to decide what I am going to do and that's me-
    Don't worry about Me- I am Charles Foster Kane. Don't worry about me.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntasaurus-Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    I play guitar. Not in a band but we do sessions and some projects for ourselves. I also played some live gigs but there are no fame ambitions or such stuff. I play the music I love for myself. I listen to several Metal sub-genres but my influences come from the technical side. When I say technical, I mean technical Death/Thrash Metal, Neo-classical and Progressive Metal and Jazz-Fusion. I own a Ibanez RGT 42.
    Tech Metal is the shit, You like PsyOpus or Orthrelm?
    These might be some new bands? I´m exactly into Nocturnus, Atheist, Cynic, Death, Cacophony, Gorguts, Pestilence, Paradox, Forbidden, Heathen, Coroner, Vio-lence, Vitalij Kuprij, Artension, Ring of Fire, Symphony X, The Armada, Watchtower...... just to name few from the different Metal sub-genres. Most of these bands started in the 1980ies and I´m generally focused on 80ies and early 90ies stuff when it comes to extreme Metal and of course on the late 60ies and 70ies era of Heavy Metal. There are some good new bands in the underground scene but I always return to the originals.
    PsyOpus formed in 2002, Their guitarist is fucking insane (Christopher Arp) he's seriously one of the best guitarist I've heard in awhile.

Orthrelm formed in 2000 and are a duo consisting of Mick Barr (one of my favorite guitarist) and Zack Hill, They are a combination of Avant-Garde Metal and Tech metal and are instrumental.

Atheist, Gorguts & Death are really great bands, Gorguts in recent times have really borderlined Avant-Garde (which is good).

as far as Tech goes I love bands like The Dillinger Escape Plan, PsyOpus, Orthrelm, Hella, Behold...The Arctopus, Between The Buried & Me (Not generally classified a Tech but I like to include them anyways), The Flying Luttenbachers & vintage Tech like Rush & King Crimson are always nice.

Damn dude if your ever in Nc look me up we've so got to jam or something.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tall, dark & Handsome
    I play guitar, but want to learn more Keyboards (maybe mandy will lend me a hand)

Some of my favorite bands (I hesitate to say they are all major influences) are:
    Bowie, Sly and the family stone, Pavement, Daft Punk, Weezer, Prince, The Staple Singers, the Rolling Stones, The Misfits, Sparklehorse, and The Flaming Lips to name a few.
    The Misfits with Danzig on Vocals right?

Yea definitely the original line up with Glenn.

There is only one person in the world who is going to decide what I am going to do and that's me-
    Don't worry about Me- I am Charles Foster Kane. Don't worry about me.

Rookie Poster

Yea definitely the original line up with Glenn.
    you have good taste then my friend, it's a shame what Jerry Only has turned the Misfits into, just a Horror punk KISS.

Hi there.
    I play Bass, mainly in Death metal bands. I also do vocals in my ever-returning band called Gutted Souls.
    I also have a project of mine Digitalize, that i attempt to do EBM and Industrial-esque music.

Music to listen ->Brutal and/or technical metal, especially bands like cynic and Coroner. In more recent times demented acts like Wormed , Gorgasm call my attention.
    On the other side i love 80's goth rock, bauhaus and such, EBM and synth pop.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

violinist and pianist here.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by indagador
    Hi there.
    I play Bass, mainly in Death metal bands.
    And that means your a musician, how???