Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Trannies for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBad View Post
    Top 1% pay most of the taxes.

Tax the rich too much and they reduce investment and some will even leave. America should focus on growing the pie rather playing the game of envy. Why be jealous of others. Life is good lets suck some ts dick and be happy.
    No, you are thinking only of income taxes and forgetting about payroll tax, sales tax, excise tax etc. It's true that the top 20% pay almost 70% of all Federal taxes, but they also received more than half of all pre-tax income. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1b35181229f3

Also, the top 20% and particularly, the top 1% have been getting pretty much all of the income gains since 1980. The top 1% are now receiving more than the bottom 50%. http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...215-story.html

If rewarding the rich produces economic miracles then why haven't we seen those miracles already?

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    I'm not sure what rock you've been hiding under Dangerman, but can you please crawl back under it? You seem to be inhabiting the same fictional world as the character in your picture.

It's hard to know where to start, but here's a few points on things I know something about.

1. If illegal border crossings are at an all time low, why is it imperative to spend billions on building a wall?

2. If immigration is bad for the economy, how did the US achieve full employment in the past when immigration was high?

3. Have you never heard of population ageing? In future, there will be fewer working-age people to support each retired person. The US will need more working-age immigrants, not less - in fact, without past immigration the problem would be here already.

4. If government controls are bad, how is it that trade barriers are the exception? Most true free-marketers don't agree with your position.

5. You pointed out earlier that the US is close to full employment. If so, how can foreign competition be costing jobs and how can trade barriers create more jobs? If you think that trade barriers are good for the economy then maybe you should study economy history a bit more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot%...ley_Tariff_Act

6. Is Trump's bizarre backflip on ZTE a good place to start in dealing with China? https://www.vox.com/world/2018/5/14/...hina-trade-war

By the way, there's nothing special about Trump's economic record. Don't believe the hype. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...onomic-growth/
    So funny that liberals seem to feel the need to insult people who don't accept their ill-conceived and briefly-considered fantasies about the reality of politics. "Crawl back under your rock..." indeed.

I could knock you down point-by-point, but I'm not running for President and I'm not particularly concerned about what you think. Obviously you've made up your mind - "Trump bad! Everything else good!"

But as time goes on and the country continues to prosper under President Trump's leadership - as your insults and piebald interpretations of complex issues begin to ring more and more hollow until they're just a willowy echo in the distance like the cry of the flightless cormorant - I certainly hope you will pay attention to what you are learning, which will be that pragmatism always triumphs over idealism.

1 out of 4 members liked this post.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Yes, the president is well known for his pragmatism. He's also a master of subtlety. And the healthiest president ever. And he knows the difference between HPV and HIV.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Yes, the president is well known for his pragmatism. He's also a master of subtlety. And the healthiest president ever. And he knows the difference between HPV and HIV.
    He's also got the highest IQ...of all time.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    So funny that liberals seem to feel the need to insult people who don't accept their ill-conceived and briefly-considered fantasies about the reality of politics. "Crawl back under your rock..." indeed.

I could knock you down point-by-point, but I'm not running for President and I'm not particularly concerned about what you think. Obviously you've made up your mind - "Trump bad! Everything else good!"

But as time goes on and the country continues to prosper under President Trump's leadership - as your insults and piebald interpretations of complex issues begin to ring more and more hollow until they're just a willowy echo in the distance like the cry of the flightless cormorant - I certainly hope you will pay attention to what you are learning, which will be that pragmatism always triumphs over idealism.

Wow, you are quite delusional, aren't you?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Are you for real? Surely you must be a satirical character.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by javier81 View Post
    Wow, you are quite delusional, aren't you?
    Is that your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Are you for real? Surely you must be a satirical character.
    Is that your argument?

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Save this post.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

Is that your argument?
    It's merely an observation, based on your statements thus far in this thread.