Default RIP Merle Haggard

...a giant among his peers and major league influential singer songwriter for decades
    ....well, the ole Oakie from Muskogee had a good long run, but looks like Tonight the Bottle Let Him Down
    ....and on his birthday to boot...what a stone drag
    ....thanx Merle, for all you've given us

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    the Meek shall inherit the Earth....the Rest of Us will go to the Stars

Default Re: RIP Merle Haggard

...so...2 days and 162 views later....no replies and only one lonely thumbs up
    ....OK, I'm not all that big a fan of the country genre either, but music is the best thing in the universe for the psyche and the soul
    ...to lose someone who was such an important contributor for so many years...gotta say I'm a little surprised at the lack of response
    ...it would appear that it was a bit more than just the bottle that let the ole boy down

the Meek shall inherit the Earth....the Rest of Us will go to the Stars

Veteran Poster

Default Re: RIP Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by EZWind View Post
    ...so...2 days and 162 views later....no replies and only one lonely thumbs up
    ....OK, I'm not all that big a fan of the country genre either, but music is the best thing in the universe for the psyche and the soul
    ...to lose someone who was such an important contributor for so many years...gotta say I'm a little surprised at the lack of response
    ...it would appear that it was a bit more than just the bottle that let the ole boy down
    Merle and Bobby Braddock were two of the finest American country songwriters ever. Sure gonna miss Mr. Haggard and that voice.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.