Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Transexuals in Prison?

Due to mistakes I made earlier in life, I was a guest of the State for 1yr 2 months and I was placed in the Sensitive Needs Yard (SNY) due to my sexual preference.

My "cellie" was a transsexual and we hit things off from day one, she helped me adjust to prison life and explained the politics of prison to me.

She did have breast implants and had some other surgeries (on her face) but had not had the final surgery at the time (and to date has not had the final surgery, we still keep in touch), the state did not provide her with any hormones (even though she had prescription before getting locked up), while I understand the need for keeping costs down, I always felt that she had a medical disorder and deserved the privilege of medication.

K

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Transexuals in Prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    Sub human really!?

(re my reference to "mostly sub-human" guards)
    Perhaps a bit harsh, but if you'd ever been there you might not think so. While a few were truly good people and another 10 or 20 per cent were decent, the majority were, to varying degrees, ignorant jerks who cured their bordom by insulting and humiliating prisoners and feeling tough because the inmates never stood up to them (they couldn't, of course).

The t-girl I mentioned was put in with me specifically because I was a "fag" due to the fact that I took time to ask about the books on the book cart; anybody who likes to read anything but "Guns n Ammo" is apparently a fag.

Mark Twain once said "If you want to see the dregs of society, go down to the jail... and watch the changing of the guard"