Page 238 of 458 FirstFirst ... 138188228233234235236237238239240241242243248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 4579

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Peter Watkins' La Commune (Paris 1871), a docudrama telling the story of the rise and fall of the Paris Commune of 1871.

I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Sounds interesting speedking... a drama doc?

whoops you already said that!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Prospero you must know Watkins from the old days when his documentary (so-called) The War Game was banned in the UK; he made hysterical, terrible films about political events that had the subtlety of a cow fart. Punishment Park (a sort of precursor to Battle Royal and Crows but with much indignation), Culloden (a crime against humanity, naturally), Privilege (much debate in Melody Maker at the time), The War Game -I haven't seen the film on the Paris Commune from 2000, but who knows, maybe he mellowed as he got older.

Not a movie but just started The Game of Thrones on bluray. Fantastic! Watched the first season on 6 days and awaiting the second to come out in feb.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I saw The War Game and, of course Culloden. Avoided Privilege (starred paul Jones of manfred mann as i recall. Looked sheerly dreadful). Forgot it was the same director.

The subtlety of a cow fart. Good line.

Professional Poster

Just watched This is 40. Two hours of a pretty couple fighting. I was watching the screener dvd in my living room and I still walked out. Someone should tell the person in charge that dropping current pop culture references into the couples every arguement (which of course distracts them and causes them to briefly argue the pros and cons of the pop culture reference -hey just like real people do!) does not make for interesting dialogue. I give it a 4 because Megan Fox is in it in a bikini for a few seconds.

Professional Poster

Silver Lining Playbook - OMG!!!! Wouldnt it be crazy if Jennifer Lawrence and the guy who used to be on Globe Trekker actually ended up falling in love at the end!

Professional Poster

Silver Lining Playbook: You can officially count on any movie with Robert DeNiro to be a piece of shit from now on.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

I just watched Robot and Frank. A nice movie about a man with Alzheimers. His son is tired of dealing with him so he gets him a helper robot. Pretty neat.

Professional Poster

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. It's been a long time since I was a teenager but I really enjoyed this movie. I should strike that last comment because, in point of fact, it's not strictly a 'teen' flick. It's a definite rent once with no need to buy. Emma Watson is both subtle and exquisite.