Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: difference between a transgender and a transsexual

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post
    I disagree. I believe the majority of older transgender women who haven't done hormone therapy started dressing at a much older age. There's a big difference to start dressing at age 40 when you were man your entire life than to start at 18 and to continue dressing till 40.
    But, Lily, dressing isn't going to the change the fact that testosterone changes the body, especially after extended exposure. Dressing older or younger isn't going to change the body chemistry. If you're not on hormones I recommend you do so, or I think you will regret it.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    Men stop growing up at around 22.

Most ladies of my acquaintance could put up a very strong argument that most men never grow up, using myself as an appalling but very apposite example.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeremy-Clarkson-010.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	599834  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Most ladies of my acquaintance could put up a very strong argument that most men never grow up, using myself as an appalling but very apposite example.
    LOL!
    I'm conceding that one, Robert Louis!
    I'm a bit more like this one:

I disagree. I believe the majority of older transgender women who haven't done hormone therapy started dressing at a much older age. There's a big difference to start dressing at age 40 when you were man your entire life than to start at 18 and to continue dressing till 40.

My friend Claire started transitioning when she was 26 and had to undergo intensive hormone therapy for a few years to attain the level of femininity that she wanted. Now she looks, sounds and acts fabulous. She's an elegant, very feminine and happily married lady and I love her to bits.

So you're right about not leaving it too late. But I do think you're kidding yourself, Lily, if you think you can successfully transition on a lifetime basis without resorting to hormones under medical supervision at some point, and the empirical evidence seems to indicate that the earlier you start, the more successful the results are likely to be.

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

No, that's just called getting old. Even natural females sometimes age badly due to low estrogen.

I'm 21 right now, the human body peaks growth around age 24. I am not going to change much. If anything my testosterone levels will go down later on.
    You would think so but males reach their prime at 30

She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

I think a lot of people don't understand the risks of HRT, it isn't just you take it and everything is completely changed. It's a long on going process that changes your body as a whole. In my opinion if you can pass without HRT there's really no point in taking unless you want to be self destructive. It pretty much changes your entire sex drive and the way you function. I don't see any reason why I would have to do it now if I feel ok and I'm not even on herbs.

I think a lot of people don't understand the risks of HRT, it isn't just you take it and everything is completely changed. It's a long on going process that changes your body as a whole. In my opinion if you can pass without HRT there's really no point in taking unless you want to be self destructive. It pretty much changes your entire sex drive and the way you function. I don't see any reason why I would have to do it now if I feel ok and I'm not even on herbs.

That's fair Lily, and it's absolutely your call - it's your destination, after all.

But no-one should ever take hormones unless prescribed by a physician and then only after the extensive and ongoing involvement of an endocrinologist.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by amberskyi View Post
    You would think so but males reach their prime at 30
    You're right, Amber, because with us guys, it's not just a growth in height, it's also a growth in mass, nothwitstanding all the masculine features that comes with it (before long, hair falls from your head -also because of testosterone, for me at 19- and starts coming out of your nose and ears, and also growing on your ears, on your back, shoulders, etc, etc)... You become rapidly some kind of grunting animal... lol

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    You're right, Amber, because with us guys, it's not just a growth in height, it's also a growth in mass, nothwitstanding all the masculine features that comes with it (before long, hair falls from your head -also because of testosterone, for me at 19- and starts coming out of your nose and ears, and also growing on your ears, on your back, shoulders, etc, etc)... lol

I guess I'm lucky then. Not very hairy elsewhere but still have a very healthy head of thick dark brown hair. Flaunt it while you've still got it, say I.

She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    But no-one should ever take hormones unless prescribed by a physician and then only after the extensive and ongoing involvement of an endocrinologist.
    Yes, of course. It still messes up your body in certain ways none the less. It's basically like putting petrol in a semi.