Default Can a boy wear a skirt to school?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/08/fashion/08cross.html

“It’s hard enough to get kids to concentrate on an algorithm — even without Jimmy sitting there in lipstick and fake eyelashes,” said Kay Hymowitz, a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute.

Because schools are communal, she wrote in an e-mail message, “self-expression will always have to be at least partially limited, just as it is in the workplace.” Principals need leeway in determining how students present themselves, she added. “You can understand why a lot of principals get fed up with these sorts of fights and just decide on school uniforms.”

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

It's a KILT !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	janelle_and_nathan_kilt_picture_177.jpg 
Views:	700 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	283368  

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Can a boy wear a skirt to school?

Quote Originally Posted by phobun

“It’s hard enough to get kids to concentrate on an algorithm — even without Jimmy sitting there in lipstick and fake eyelashes,” said Kay Hymowitz, a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute.

Because schools are communal, she wrote in an e-mail message, “self-expression will always have to be at least partially limited, just as it is in the workplace.” Principals need leeway in determining how students present themselves, she added. “You can understand why a lot of principals get fed up with these sorts of fights and just decide on school uniforms.”
    When a fist connects with a jaw can it break?

Quote Originally Posted by addicted

Did you ever get that HIV dementia treated?

Quote Originally Posted by addicted

In theory yes it can.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

i really find those cute guys in kilt so sexy and hot i dont know why. my cock instantly get hard!!!

Not all skirts are for girls.

Plenty of guys out there wear skirts without trying to look "fem" whatsoever. You can find it in raves, metal concerts, and goth clubs all over the country.

http://netramblings.wordpress.com/20...the-man-skirt/

http://www.zyra.org.uk/sk4men.htm

Assuming skirts = gender bending is a logic failure.

And before anyone asks, there are usually tangible differences in construction & design between a guy's skirt and a girl's skirt. Just like there often is with pants.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Not all skirts are for girls.

Plenty of guys out there where skirts without trying to look "fem" whatsoever. You can find it in raves, metal concerts, and goth clubs all over the country.

http://netramblings.wordpress.com/20...the-man-skirt/

http://www.zyra.org.uk/sk4men.htm

Assuming skirts = gender bending is a logic failure.
    That may be true, but I think that school administrators use these dress codes not only to try and prevent distraction and jealousy, etc., but also for the sake of controlling the kids, establishing uniformity and attempting to instill society's biases and conventions upon them.

School is less about education sometimes so much as it is about corraling the kids and indoctrinating them.

That may be true, but I think that school administrators use these dress codes not only to try and prevent distraction and jealousy, etc., but also for the sake of controlling the kids, establishing uniformity and attempting to instill society's biases and conventions upon them.

School is less about education sometimes so much as it is about corraling the kids and indoctrinating them.
    Yes, precisely. In the United States our public schools are designed for schooling. Education is not, nor has it ever been, the priority.

The purpose of schools, in our country, is to coerce the population, one generation at a time, into assimilating.

Now a different question altogether would be "what SHOULD schools be doing?" That is, what should their priorities be?

The reason why we have so many people finishing high school who can't read, don't know shit for history, don't know simple math, and have at best middle school level grasps of the written language, is because instead of focusing on the basics, we focus so much on standardized tests, making everyone look & act the same, and squashing individuality.

In the grand scheme of things, it is education that is important because it is education that will dictate how competitive we become with the rest of the world. India, China, and who knows else will rapidly exceed us in the fields that matter (science, technology and the like) if we don't start doing a better job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schooling_867.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	283408  

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

I agree 100% with your post.

PS of course a boy can wear a skirt. Why not.