Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Realistic expectations

While I know everyone is different and results may vary widely. I am trying to figure out what changes that I can realistically expect from taking a hormone regimen without having any surgery done. (In other words no FFS, SRS, implants, orchi, etc.). Howver, I plan to have laser hair removal done on my face.

The reason I am asking is that I am working on my long range plan for my transition and am trying to figure out what surgery expemses I may be looking at 2-3 years down the road.

Thanks in advance,
    Linsey

5 Star Poster

I'm just a guy, but obviously the younger you start the better. Someone started a thread about this...I think about two weeks ago, and was given some links to check out - you should search for it. Welcome to the board, watch out for trolls under the bridge...

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    I'm just a guy, but obviously the younger you start the better. Someone started a thread about this...I think about two weeks ago, and was given some links to check out - you should search for it. Welcome to the board, watch out for trolls under the bridge...
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the Web was not around like it is now when I was younger. I have read and bbokmarked a lor of the stuff on the Web. The problem is that it is all over the place. Each girl takes a different path through their transition. THe path I am looking at is to delay surgery as long as possible and see what develops.

BTW, I never enter a forum or a chat room without having my troll gun handy, and it has the notches in the handle to prove I know how to use it.

-Linsey

5 Star Poster

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Your mileage definetely may vary, however here is a program
    that will aid in monitoring your progress.

TransLog
    Official TransLog HomePage

http://www.transgendercare.com/medic...og/default.asp

Transition Body Measurement
    and Medication Logging

While undergoing a regimen of hormonal feminization, keeping a diary or log of physical progress and medication/hormone usage can be very helpful in making the most of your physical transition.

Over the years, we have tailored a variety of record keeping strategies for our patients. TransLog provides a database application for recording body measurements and medications as a freeware Windows application for our online visitors.

A photorealistic model is included in TransLog Help (Help Topics/see Data Entry) to assist in accurate and consistent measurement taking. Measurement and medication data can be viewed in standard spreadsheet format. TransLog data is stored in dBase (*.dbf) format, allowing for easy import into a variety of database and spreadsheet applications.

PillCount Utility

TransLog now contains a utility for calculating when your medication supply will run out. This utility is most helpful in keeping track of medications that are taken multiple times a day and/or in larger quantities, such as Spironolactone 25mg. PillCount can also calculate weekly medications such as transdermal patches.

PillCount is installed with TransLog. It can be launched from TransLog's Utility menu or directly from its own icon.

http://www.transgendercare.com/dload/tlog_022-setup.exe

Junior Poster

suckseed, you know of the bridge kid trolls? ..

Senior Member Veteran Poster

depending on how your body reacts from hormones it's very possible to transition and "pass" without any kind of surgery at all. if you don't consider yourself particularly attractive you kinda need to remember that there are lots of not particularly attractive women out there and that transition is about gender not about becoming some plastic barbie doll simulacrum of a stereotype.

2cents

:end of transmission:

Platinum Poster

depends on what you look like now and what your goal to look like is

nothing wrong w/ surgery... you dont have to go overboard w/ it and go to extremes of fem features... just enough to make your natural features appear to be fem naturally

Rookie Poster

Thanks everyone for replying. I appreciate all of your comments.

Peggy, I checked out that software. It looks OK, but not quite what I would need. I have some better software already installed on my PC that can do most of that stuff already.

Caleigh and TSnTX, I appreciate your comments also. I am not looking to be ultra-fem. My big hands and big feet have eliminated that option. What I am looking for is just to be able to pass the cursory inspection that you get from people walking the opposite way on a sidewalk and such. There are some very beautiflul Tgirls on this forum, and I am not delusional enough to think that I will ever hold a candle to any of them.

blackmagic and suckseed, I have read the posts and been to the groups that you have suggested before I posted this topic. I had at one time considered going the DIY route on hormones, but a quick scan of the prices for them on the Internet put an end to that thought. So, I am going to go the safe and hopefully cheaper route.

Once again, thanks to all.

-Linsey