Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default AT&T buys T-Mobile

Pretty sweet. I was tired of T-Mobile bringing it's euro-ness to America. Now it will be good ole' AT&T and when they go 4G, its going to kick ass!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-20/at-t-agrees-to-buy-deutsche-telekom-s-t-mobile-usa-unit-for-39-billion.html

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: AT&T buys T-Mobile

So what's going to happen to the cute T-Mobile gal?

holy shit.
    I thought this was a joke when I saw the thread title

and here's why the public will get fucked. this is all about cost cutting and eliminating competition.
    many of the rate plans that benefit consumers will be eliminated now that one less player is in the game. phone and gadget prices will eventually creep up.
    thousands of jobs will be eliminated as the new combined company eliminates redundancies. dozens of store fronts in Manhattan alone will be closed at a time when retail vacancies are at historic highs

now is there any good news ?

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Yeah....................... Euro-ness to America aka FIBER OPTIC lines to cell towers
    good ole AT&T has been using Ethernet to their towers hence dropped calls

but uh huh go 4G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SMH

great merger minus the OP, and R.I.P. Sprint, how low will they go with their plans now? $29.99 Unlimited everything?!?

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    and here's why the public will get fucked. this is all about cost cutting and eliminating competition.
    many of the rate plans that benefit consumers will be eliminated now that one less player is in the game. phone and gadget prices will eventually creep up.
    thousands of jobs will be eliminated as the new combined company eliminates redundancies. dozens of store fronts in Manhattan alone will be closed at a time when retail vacancies are at historic highs

now is there any good news ?
    some stores will close, that's a given, retail sales people will not be dismissed like corporate heads will be,

The Good News @ Flabby: if there was EVER a time to guarantee unlimited EVERYTHING for $80 with NO CONTRACT from a company now would be the time before the contracts merge and you're stuck with a mandatory 2 year annual contract

T-Mobile customers will now have to be offered a buyout of their contracts OR free new phones of equal value to what they currently have unless AT&T miraculously keeps the 1700mHz frequency they are on....... the 2100mHz frequency is the dominant one and I don't see folks wanting anything otherwise (T-Mobile users will now be able to use 80% of the quad band gsm phones they currently couldnt in the states due to the frequency)

finally

T-Mobile employees will now have the backing of a UNION. To many of you this might not mean much but to employees who have NEVER had this as an option it opens up doors of opportunity.....

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel View Post
    T-Mobile employees will now have the backing of a UNION. To many of you this might not mean much but to employees who have NEVER had this as an option it opens up doors of opportunity.....
    Haven't you been watching the news lately JWBL? Unions are the cause of all the financial issues the states are now experiencing.

"Do you remember V. P. Dick Cheney "
    'YES, I DO. I use to call him 'TAINT'.
    "Taint? Why did you call him that?"
    'Because in every picture he was between Bush and Colin'

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

American
    Totalitarian
    Tele-comunications

So much for competition.

Professional Poster

Do antitrust laws not exist any more? Or are they just not enforced?

Veteran Poster

There is still as much choice today as 10 years ago. Even after the acquisition we'll still have as many players as we did then.

With MetroPCS, Walmart Straight Talk, Walmart Family Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. Not to mention the MVNO's that didn't exist back then.

Besides, T-Mobile was only about 11% of the market and had no plans for any REAL LTE deployment.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA