Page 120 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1813
    Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Default Re: Climate change could mean the extinction of our species

"I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Yes, these two clips (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...52&postcount=1) succinctly describe the problem of deniers and media. I don't see anything in them that supports your contention that "THEY" want "US" accepting the hunger games "idea of districts way out in remote areas of the world while the elite live in the cities.
    I've read that the story is based in North America some time in the not too distant future.
    It's all intertwined. It's all part of the MASTER plan.
    "

What we need most, in fact, is a master plan signed by all the world's nation-states that will end atmospheric carbon dumping and address the other myriad issues concerning the responsible use of energy, population growth and climate change.

There is no master plan and no clandestine master organization controlling it all. Frankly, that kind of nonsense is just candy to the climate change deniers who point, laugh and proceed to pass legislation allowing industry to dump another ten billion tons of carbon into the atmosphere. Thank you for your support!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by trish; 12-17-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Oh hi trish,

You're mistaken.
    The link i've posted and you've quoted me posting is of Ben's very first post in THIS thread, here. The one Ben started.

See ya, later, alligator.
    Babe,
    xoxo

"I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

No mistake. Check the links, and listen. No Hunger-Games. No Master Plan.
    http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...52&postcount=1

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by trish; 12-17-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    No mistake. Check the links, and listen. No Hunger-Games. No Master Plan.
    http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...52&postcount=1

How to talk to a climate change denier.

Communications expert George Marshall offers six strategies for talking to people who don't accept that climate change is happening:

Pope Francis’s edict on climate change will anger deniers and US churches:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...e-us-rightwing

E.O. Wilson talks about the threat to Earth’s biodiversity:

http://warincontext.org/2014/12/25/e...-biodiversity/

Comedian Lewis Black on climate change:

Hi Ben,

On the island of Montréal where i live in Québec, Canada, we normally have brutal winters with temperatures dipping close to -25 C (-13 F).
    With the wind-chill factor, it very rarely goes lower than -40 C (-40 F). Also, we normally have LOTS of snow. It's not very often when we have a black Christmas.

This winter, so far, so we've only had one major snowfall, and the temperature on December 25 was up to 10 C (50 F) and it rained. We had a black Christmas, this year.

Right now, it's about -4 C (24.8 F) with no snow on the streets. It's all melted.

This is, kind of, nice because we have no snow to shovel around, BUT, these high temperatures we are experiencing are not normal, and it fit right into this thread about global warming.

I would say a normal temperature for my area around this time would be about around -10 C (14 F) to -15 C (5 F) with the wind-chill factor making it feel around -25 C (-13 F).
    It's a little scary.

I just wanted to add this information to illustrate this "warm" Montréal winter, so far.

Babe,
    xoxo

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 12-29-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post
    Hi Ben,

On the island of Montréal where i live in Québec, Canada, we normally have brutal winters with temperatures dipping close to -25 C (-13 F).
    With the wind-chill factor, it very rarely goes lower than -40 C (-40 F). Also, we normally have LOTS of snow. It's not very often when we have a black Christmas.

This winter, so far, so we've only had one major snowfall, and the temperature on December 25 was up to 10 C (50 F) and it rained. We had a black Christmas, this year.

Right now, it's about -4 C (24.8 F) with no snow on the streets. It's all melted.

This is, kind of, nice because we have no snow to shovel around, BUT, these high temperatures we are experiencing are not normal, and it fit right into this thread about global warming.

I would say a normal temperature for my area around this time would be about around -10 C (14 F) to -15 C (5 F) with the wind-chill factor making it feel around -25 C (-13 F).
    It's a little scary.

I just wanted to add this information to illustrate this "warm" Montréal winter, so far.

Babe,
    xoxo
    The author and activist Naomi Klein described it as: climate chaos. Or, too, climate weirding.
    We are, around the globe, experiencing weird weather.
    And, too, global temperatures continue to rise.
    Now we've the Pope getting involved.... Now if climate change deniers don't trust the scientists, um, should or do they trust the Pope?
    Or is the Pope conspiring with the scientists???
    I mean, even heavyweights of the business class, Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil, admit that climate change is real. Is he, too, conspiring with the Pope and the scientists???

Pope Francis: Climate Change Is Real and Humans Are Causing It:
    http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marb...climate-change

2014 was the hottest year on record.
    http://nyti.ms/1DKssLK

Extinction and the climate change bottleneck
    http://nyti.ms/1Cl47bb