Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Qui Audet Adipiscitur" 5 Star Poster KiraHarden's Avatar

Default Re: Just completed 40 days on Master Cleanse detox diet

I thought so too, so I just set a 10 day goal, and then just took it 10 days at a time. I feel fine. It didn't effect my work hours or cause fatigue. I work about 60-80 hrs a week.

"Of all losses, time is the most irrecoverable for it can never be redeemed.”

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. "

"Ladies its not the dress that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look fat "

Well is your avatar pic before or after? Because in that pic you look stunning and fantastic. Congrats on not just the wight loss but what surely was a great feat in mental toughness and goal setting and accomplishing. I don't think I could ever do anything like that. I love to eat! I'm not fat but I do eat poorly, but I workout hard and it seems to make up for it. But still I'd love to get the combined good effects of a very good diet too and see what that could do for me. But no food at all for 10 or 40 days, whoa, scary!

"Qui Audet Adipiscitur" 5 Star Poster KiraHarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Well is your avatar pic before or after? Because in that pic you look stunning and fantastic. Congrats on not just the wight loss but what surely was a great feat in mental toughness and goal setting and accomplishing. I don't think I could ever do anything like that. I love to eat! I'm not fat but I do eat poorly, but I workout hard and it seems to make up for it. But still I'd love to get the combined good effects of a very good diet too and see what that could do for me. But no food at all for 10 or 40 days, whoa, scary!
    Thats during and on my bday last friday . ive always had exceptional will power. I did a 52mile walk in 10 hrs yrs ago, ran the first 10, and near the end i could barely walk. it was up and down a mountain path in germany

"Of all losses, time is the most irrecoverable for it can never be redeemed.”

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. "

"Ladies its not the dress that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look fat "

I normally don't comment on things like this, but I'm worried your promotion of such a poorly conceived fad diet might actually work.

You've essentially completed an aggressive fast. Yes, if you maintain a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. I can't imagine, and this might be the optimist in me, that this is news to anyone here.

But there are smarter, healthier, and significantly more scientifically-verified ways of achieving this. Oh, and also methods that tend to have much more long-lasting results. It'll be interesting to see how much of this weight is still of in say, 3 months.

3 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Not good! Fasting and liquid only diet is veery bad, just ask Oprah as soon as you eat you can gain it all back.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

gz and now you will get back to your usual eating habbits and gain 25lbs again.

those detox diets are pure shit without any scientifically benefit. a typical fitnessmyth.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post
    Yeah the number of calories taken in per day to lose weight depends on the person. I'm actually working on a program to help lose weight. The important factors are age, sex, weight, height, how active the person is regularly, and if the person exercises. For a main source of trying to lose weight aside from calorie counting is to build up the endurance to walk vast distances.

It's a lot easier on your body to walk 2 hours than it is to run for a half hour and you burn almost twice the amount of calories. Of course you don't start out walking that long if you're not used to it. Walking about 45 mins a day is a good start and you can burn about 180-270 calories, mostly depending on your weight. The more you weigh the more you'll burn.
    thats true for simple calories out, but a run at atleast 60% of your vo2max is a lot healthier.
    walking wont do shit for your cadiovascular system

1 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by scuderia; 07-30-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Really nice to hear you are up and alive and kicking! Thanks, Kira!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster RadiusDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    walking wont do shit for your cadiovascular system
    That's absurd. I used to walk five to seven miles per day five to six days a week. I'm telling you, if you do that, you're feel the power of healthy circulation and boundless amounts of energy.

All aches that I had, like an old ankle injury that had been nagging me for two years, have gone away permanently.

Running may be better for weight loss and getting your wind up (certainly not better than basketball), but walking DEFINITELY does good things for your circulatory/cardiovascular system and overall health.

My 90 year old grandmother who walked the neighborhood every morning for years is still getting around easily. My other grandmother was getting around well up until her death at around 90 and she walked a lot.

All but one of my dad's siblings are out of commission. My dad and his healthy brother walk. My mom was in great condition when she and the other older folks got out and walked. When they stopped, she gained a bunch of weight and started being tired all the time.

Personally, I don't like running long distances. If you can't run, get out and walk.

Another thing is, Lily Rox has actually used what she's talking about to lose a ton of weight. She's got proof to back up her claims.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.