Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Anthony Hopkins Spits Blood In Officer's Face, Says 'I Have Hep C': Cops

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592

Anthony Hopkins Spits Blood In Officer's Face, Says 'I Have Hep C': Cops

The Huffington Post | by Sebastian Murdock

Posted: 04/21/2014 4:56 pm EDT Updated: 04/21/2014 6:59 pm EDT

An Indiana man is facing multiple charges after he allegedly spit blood into the mouth and face of a police officer and told the officer he had Hepatitis C.
    Anthony J. Hopkins, 27, was in the process of being arrested in the early morning hours of April 12 for allegedly fighting with an unknown person, then attempting to flee from officers.
    In recently released police documents reported by The Indy Channel on Monday, one witness described being fearful of Hopkins.
    Officers eventually found Hopkins hiding in a basement crawl space. A K-9 officer was used to remove Hopkins from the area, causing bite wounds to the suspect, according to The Star Press.
    After coming out of the crawl space, Hopkins turned around, spit blood onto an officer's face and in his mouth, and said, "F-ck you, I hope you die," according to the report.
    As the officer who had been spit on tried leading the suspect up the basement stairs, Hopkins allegedly struggled against him, sending them both falling down the stairs. Officers eventually managed to get Hopkins outside.
    "You know I have Hep C," Hopkins allegedly said as he spat blood on the back of a patrol car once outside.
    "I hope you get Hep C and give it to your wife and kids," Hopkins reportedly said. "Once I get out of here I'm going to kill you and your family..."
    It is currently unclear if Hopkins has Hepatitis C, but he did allegedly have a blood alcohol content of 0.16, twice the legal limit to drive, Indy Channel reported.
    Hopkins was charged with two felonies: battery by bodily waste and intimidation. He also faces two misdemeanor charges: resisting law enforcement and disorderly conduct.
    Since 2007, Hopkins has been convicted of burglary, battery, receiving stolen property and driving while intoxicated, the Star Press reported. He is currently being held on a $21,500 bond, and is due in court July 15.
    The suspect will now join the short list of criminals who have also been accused of spitting blood at officers.
    In 2012, 27-year-old Ohio woman Tiffany Pocock allegedly spat blood at an officer after bashing her head on a police car window.
    A month later, 29-year-old Florida man Kelsey Smith followed a similar routine when he allegedly bashed his face against a police car roof before spitting blood at a cop. Both suspects appeared to be making unusual faces in their mugshots.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Default Re: Anthony Hopkins Spits Blood In Officer's Face, Says 'I Have Hep C': Cops

It happens, criminals that have HIV or some other communicable disease will try and spit on officers. In most cases nothing is communicated, but they just add another charge on top of their other charges. Once its knew they have protocols to handle them.

Senior Member Junior Poster NightmareX0666's Avatar

Default Re: Anthony Hopkins Spits Blood In Officer's Face, Says 'I Have Hep C': Cops

Talk about a way to get someone to read the article.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

One of my old friends has Hep-C, they just came up with a real cure finally, Sovaldi, it only costs a thousand dollars per pill, not covered by insurance, eighty four grand for complete cure. Cha-ching!

World Class Asshole

Rookie Poster

Sometimes it's tough to understand why police tend to hang out with each other on the off hours and fade away from their friends a little bit. This would be one of the major reasons, we just don't understand what they go through.

Barno Ellwood

Dammed , don't do that to me ! I almost thought I had to strike one of my favorites off my list. LOL
    Yeah , buttslinger , Hep C cure is one of the big health breakthroughs of 2014.
    http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf...ure_rates.html