Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster

Default In love with a married man

I am friends with a man who is 10 yrs my jr, and married with three children under the age of five. We where strictly friends until he started to chat me up on facebook and we met at his house while his wife & kids where out of town. I now find myself feeling guilty for sleeping with him, but genuinely in love with man and the feeling is mutual. Should I trust my heart and continue to meet with him in hopes of finding love or trust my mind that says this isn’t right?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Default Re: In love with a married man

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    I am friends with a man who is 10 yrs my jr, and married with three children under the age of five. We where strictly friends until he started to chat me up on facebook and we met at his house while his wife & kids where out of town. I now find myself feeling guilty for sleeping with him, but genuinely in love with man and the feeling is mutual. Should I trust my heart and continue to meet with him in hopes of finding love or trust my mind that says this isn’t right?
    Be careful Erika little ones are involved.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Hi Erika, I can imagine that you would feel guilty since young ones are involved. But I gather this guy's marriage will explode sooner or later. Being trapped in a marriage myself, since staying is "the right thing to do" I think sooner will be better for all concerned. He can go on with his life and she with hers. I think the kids are better off with divorced happy parents, than unhappy parents that stay together, because they feel they should. Just my two cents worth.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    I am friends with a man who is 10 yrs my jr, and married with three children under the age of five.
    Not that I'm cynical or anything, but.... I'm thinking Charles Manson has a brighter future than this relationship.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Not a family values republican are you?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Professional Poster Kevin Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Not that I'm cynical or anything, but.... I'm thinking Charles Manson has a brighter future than this relationship.
    this

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood61 View Post
    Be careful Erika little ones are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdutch59 View Post
    Hi Erika, I can imagine that you would feel guilty since young ones are involved. But I gather this guy's marriage will explode sooner or later. Being trapped in a marriage myself, since staying is "the right thing to do" I think sooner will be better for all concerned. He can go on with his life and she with hers. I think the kids are better off with divorced happy parents, than unhappy parents that stay together, because they feel they should. Just my two cents worth.
    Hi Bob, his marriage is on the rocks and he feels lonely that is why he reached out to me. I feel bad for him and feel bad for the kids, their mom has problems with prescriptions drugs and doesn't look after the kids like she should. In way I feel bad for her, but I don't want to be the reason they divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Not a family values republican are you?
    No I am an Independent now, but thanks for asking

Junior Poster Sulka_bewitched_me's Avatar

Yea, I can say I got together with a girl freshly divorced and it ended badly because she wasn't looking for anything except adult companionship whereas I was looking for more. This is kinda along the same lines.......he's lonely and looking for adult companionship as well because getting away from the kids and getting some "me" time is important (not to mention his train wreck wife). Sorry to say, this can't and probably won't end well. I think (JMHO) that you should get out now before feelings get stronger and once that happens it hurts a lot more when it all comes crashing down.