Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: GLASTONBURY 2013! Praying for sunshine

I'd commend Dylan's fairly recent trilogy of albums "Time out Of Mind, "Love and Theft" and "Modern Times" His voice has changed but his lyrics are deeper now - and world away from the early protest songs or the drug annointed masterpieces of the late 1960s on "Highway 61 Revisited" or "Blonde on Blonde."

and as for jazz... well maybe you've stop listening - but there is a world of very exciting music being made. The real energy these days is flowing in from places like Cuba and other parts of Latin America and even the Middle east. Check out Chucho Valdez for instance. Maybe there is no giants of innovation like Miles or Coltrane of parker. But lots of really great music. I've been a member of Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London for a long time and believe me there is terrific live music to be heard there on a regular basis. I've also been recently to jazz festivals in Montreal and New Orleans and it is a living form - not just something listened to by tourists at Preservation hall.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

And a great review from Glastonbury by our resident UK rock chick, Miss Bella Amore. Thanks.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    I'd commend Dylan's fairly recent trilogy of albums "Time out Of Mind, "Love and Theft" and "Modern Times" His voice has changed but his lyrics are deeper now - and world away from the early protest songs or the drug annointed masterpieces of the late 1960s on "Highway 61 Revisited" or "Blonde on Blonde."

and as for jazz... well maybe you've stop listening - but there is a world of very exciting music being made. The real energy these days is flowing in from places like Cuba and other parts of Latin America and even the Middle east. Check out Chucho Valdez for instance. Maybe there is no giants of innovation like Miles or Coltrane of parker. But lots of really great music. I've been a member of Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London for a long time and believe me there is terrific live music to be heard there on a regular basis. I've also been recently to jazz festivals in Montreal and New Orleans and it is a living form - not just something listened to by tourists at Preservation hall.
    Oh! the diversity at the Jazz fest, here in Montreal, is always amazing, yes! Some of these shows remains memorable to me... Yes, Jazz is still very much alive.