Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: GLASTONBURY 2013! Praying for sunshine

are this pics from this year in Glastonbury festival?

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

No - it hasn't really started properly yet. But it has been raining today....

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Great pics as well Prospero!

Just curious if there's many trans girls go to Glastonbury? Could be a lot of high heels stuck in the mud this year lol

I know one girl who has attended most years - involved with a theatre group who appear there. I don't think she is going this year mind you.

Well, the sun shone yesterday in England... good for the tennis at Wimbledon, and it was gay pride in London (and wonderful vibes and good cheer all over the West end until late, late in the evening)... and when i got home I watched the Rolling Stones at Glastonbury recorded from the live TX on the BBC - and that made me realise that, with these geezers now pushing 70 or just past it (and people like Dylan, The Who, McCartney, Springsteen et all now rcking inot their middle age and beyond) , that rock, long touted as "youth music' is really now a musical form for every generation. The audience there at Glastonbury was kids and grandparents. And The Stones were on form. Still strutting their stuff - in Jagger's case prancing and dancing - and even joined by a rather overweight Mick Taylor, a former and short lived member of the Stones after the death of Brian Jones. Good stuff. Still glad not to have actually been there though and looking forward to Bella's review here.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Well, the sun shone yesterday in England... good for the tennis at Wimbledon, and it was gay pride in London (and wonderful vibes and good cheer all over the West end until late, late in the evening)... and when i got home I watched the Rolling Stones at Glastonbury recorded from the live TX on the BBC - and that made me realise that, with these geezers now pushing 70 or just past it (and people like Dylan, The Who, McCartney, Springsteen et all now rcking inot their middle age and beyond) , that rock, long touted as "youth music' is really now a musical form for every generation. The audience there at Glastonbury was kids and grandparents. And The Stones were on form. Still strutting their stuff - in Jagger's case prancing and dancing - and even joined by a rather overweight Mick Taylor, a former and short lived member of the Stones after the death of Brian Jones. Good stuff. Still glad not to have actually been there though and looking forward to Bella's review here.
    I watched it for a short while on the BBC, and it was simply embarrassing, only someone tone-deaf could praise Mick Jagger singing out of tune; not much sympathy for the devils here, even less for the old crocks. There comes a time when people go to see 'legends' merely to say they went to see a 'legend', like going to see Nureyev and Fonteyn when they dancing beyond their years with none of the subtlety or art of their prime: it becomes a ritual, and has nothing to do with music.

Stavros, I assure you I am not tone deaf old chap. Perhaps your hearing aid was defective?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Come on Prospero, Jagger was not singing in tune, everyone could hear it. It was ragged and unprofessional, they really should hang up their guitars and retire gracefully. I reckon even a tribute band would have done better.