Thread: Red Road

Default Red Road

I caught it that week, and I was pretty impressed. Disturbing, haunting, intelligent-- all that stuff. If I had one complaint, it would be that the symbolism at the end was a little too let-me-spell-it-out-for-you. Still, it's nice to have some hipster, film festival buzz pay dividends.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts? Comments? What about that intense and controversial sex scene?

Kabuki? Maybe you've got something to contribute-- something else to add to queue, anyway.

I actually haven't seen this film. A shocker since I'm all about good foreign and independent films. I will certainly have to check it out. The reviews are good for this film...I rarely pick films to view by reviews though.

This time, the hype is warranted. Not without its flaws, but it's nice to see a film rewarded for its minimalist sensibilites. Brilliant acting, sparse and gritty directing-- just solid filmmaking.

The teaser is that it's going to become a trilogy. Characters are introduced in this one as bit players who'll be the protagonists of the coming films. It's a gimmick, sure, but if the next installments are as good as this one, I can't complain. Put it on your list, chum.