Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: TRUVADA: Why are we ALL not taking this???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westheangelino View Post
    Half of all men who have sex with men will become HIV positive by the time they are fifty if current rates continue.
    Great statistic.
    Got any others you can pull out of your arse?

Let's live in reality. I'm not saying that we should go back to the utter hedonism of the 70's (yet), but the reality is that people WILL be careless and not use a condom every time.
    But, we should trust them to take a pill everyday?
    Yeah, good luck with that.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

^ That stat was pulled from the CDC. Not my ass. http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/epi...tes-continue-w

You present a circular argument. You're saying we shouldn't trust gay men to take a pill every day. Gay men DON'T always use condoms and NEVER will. So, what would you have them do exactly? And are we also to believe that hundreds of millions of women are capable of taking a pill every day to prevent pregnancy (pills that often have harsher side effects than truvada), but a man is incapable of taking a pill every day to prevent something that will KILL him????

Queen of the Drow Junior Poster RobynBlakeTS's Avatar

This all just focused on HIV what about:

"There is also validity to fears about “barebacking.” Even if PrEP protects against HIV, condomless sex still invites other STDs. Some, like syphilis, gonorrhea, and herpes, are fairly easily treatable. But in recent years, there have been outbreaks among HIV-positive men of sexually transmitted hepatitis C, for which treatment is improving but still difficult, expensive, and imperfect. In certain parts of the world, such as Japan and India, a new antibiotic-resistant strain of gonorrhea has rung alarm bells of a new STD epidemic. Simply put, nobody knows what new infections lie in wait down the road."

Also Truvada does not stop you being infected with HIV, you still get infected, Truvada only stops it spreading but as soon as you miss a tablet or stop taking them the virus which is their in your system will spread.

"that’s an approach called pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP. PrEP means taking a daily pill (brand name, Truvada) for months or years. This keeps medication in your body to keep HIV from making copies of itself and spreading infection through your body anytime you are exposed"

Karmic Whipping Boy Professional Poster Chaos's Avatar

Nothing has made me consider getting Obamacare until this. This is a human rights issue. No more, no less. Every gay man, transsexual, and trans lover should be told to go on this drug immediately.
    What kind of idiot are you? TOLD to take something? You say human rights and then say that? Shut the fuck up. Let people MAKE UP THEIR OWN MINDS. I'm not about to destroy my liver just so I can not wear a condom..FUCK THAT.

I can make up statistics too : 100% of people reading your posts think you're a moron. SEE? Though mine is probably a bit closer to realistic...

And it is FAR easier to forget a pill than it is to forget to wear a condom.

^ That stat was pulled from the CDC. Not my ass. http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/epi...tes-continue-w

You present a circular argument. You're saying we shouldn't trust gay men to take a pill every day. Gay men DON'T always use condoms and NEVER will. So, what would you have them do exactly? And are we also to believe that hundreds of millions of women are capable of taking a pill every day to prevent pregnancy (pills that often have harsher side effects than truvada), but a man is incapable of taking a pill every day to prevent something that will KILL him????
    NO ONE ALWAYS uses condoms,it's not a gay issue,it's a people issue.Not every woman takes their pill everyday either, I have plenty of exes to prove that,and plenty of stories from others to prove it too. Just the fact that you WANT to go back to absolute hedonism,with everything going around,everything happening to people,is disturbing.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Chaos; 06-19-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    I'm the most amazing person you'll never know,because society has convinced you I should be ignored or avoided. Want to know something? Ask... Just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Great statistic.
    Got any others you can pull out of your arse?

But, we should trust them to take a pill everyday?
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynBlakeTS View Post
    This all just focused on HIV what about:

"There is also validity to fears about “barebacking.” Even if PrEP protects against HIV, condomless sex still invites other STDs. Some, like syphilis, gonorrhea, and herpes, are fairly easily treatable. But in recent years, there have been outbreaks among HIV-positive men of sexually transmitted hepatitis C, for which treatment is improving but still difficult, expensive, and imperfect. In certain parts of the world, such as Japan and India, a new antibiotic-resistant strain of gonorrhea has rung alarm bells of a new STD epidemic. Simply put, nobody knows what new infections lie in wait down the road."

Also Truvada does not stop you being infected with HIV, you still get infected, Truvada only stops it spreading but as soon as you miss a tablet or stop taking them the virus which is their in your system will spread.

"that’s an approach called pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP. PrEP means taking a daily pill (brand name, Truvada) for months or years. This keeps medication in your body to keep HIV from making copies of itself and spreading infection through your body anytime you are exposed"

Wrong wrong wrong wrong. TRUVADA PREVENTS INFECTION. PERIOD. The virus doesn't lurk inside your body waiting for you to miss a pill.

As for making up statistics, any stat I have mentioned has come from the CDC or some other reputable agency or study. Google Truvada and you will see article after article about. It's a miracle drug. Plain and simple. It also has no effect on your liver, sir. Not sure where you dug that one up.

As for being TOLD to do something, would you object to people being TOLD to be vaccinated if we had an HIV vaccine? You just said, wear a condom. The only reason you are doing that is because you have been TOLD to do that for 30 years now, because it was the only way to prevent HIV infection. Guess what? It's not anymore!

From http://www.truvada.com/hiv-treatment:

TRUVADA can cause serious side effects:
    Too much lactic acid in your blood (lactic acidosis), which is a serious medical emergency. Symptoms of lactic acidosis include weakness or being more tired than usual, unusual muscle pain, being short of breath or fast breathing, nausea, vomiting, stomach-area pain, cold or blue hands and feet, feeling dizzy or lightheaded, and/or fast or abnormal heartbeats.
    Serious liver problems. Your liver may become large and tender, and you may develop fat in your liver. Symptoms of liver problems include your skin or the white part of your eyes turns yellow, dark “tea-colored” urine, light-colored stools, loss of appetite for several days or longer, nausea, and/or stomach-area pain.
    You may be more likely to get lactic acidosis or serious liver problems if you are female, very overweight (obese), or have been taking TRUVADA for a long time. In some cases, these serious conditions have led to death. Call your healthcare provider right away if you have any symptoms of these conditions.
    Worsening of hepatitis B (HBV) infection. If you also have HBV and take TRUVADA, your hepatitis may become worse if you stop taking TRUVADA. Do not stop taking TRUVADA without first talking to your healthcare provider. If your healthcare provider tells you to stop taking TRUVADA, they will need to watch you closely for several months to monitor your health. TRUVADA is not approved for the treatment of HBV

And more:

Serious side effects of TRUVADA may also include:
    New or worsening kidney problems, including kidney failure. Your healthcare provider may do blood tests to check your kidneys before and during treatment with TRUVADA. If you develop kidney problems, your healthcare provider may tell you to take TRUVADA less often, or to stop taking TRUVADA.
    Bone problems, including bone pain or bones getting soft or thin, which may lead to fractures. Your healthcare provider may do tests to check your bones.
    Changes in body fat can happen in people taking HIV-1 medicines.
    Changes in your immune system. If you have HIV-1 infection and start taking HIV-1 medicines, your immune system may get stronger and begin to fight infections. This may cause minor symptoms such as fever, but can also lead to serious problems. Tell your healthcare provider if you have any new symptoms after you start taking TRUVADA.

The most common side effects of TRUVADA are:
    In people taking TRUVADA with other HIV-1 medicines to treat HIV-1 infection, common side effects include: diarrhea, nausea, tiredness, headache, dizziness, depression, problems sleeping, abnormal dreams, and rash.
    In people taking TRUVADA to reduce the risk of getting HIV-1 infection, common side effects include: headache, stomach-area (abdomen) pain, and decreased weight.
    Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effects that bother you or don’t go away.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

It does have potential damage to your liver .. go check again, or better still go speak to a certified board professional that has done the research on the clinical trials ... The clinic i visit every 2weeks has a vast array of info on this treatment etc .... it is a heavy drug that can have some serious long term issues on your liver .. increased liver size/. spotting etc .. not saying all people will get that ,but its hardly a Risk Free Drug ... more fool any person that think it is and pumps this shit into their body for 10years etc .. come back in 10 years an see what state your liver maybe in or may not ..

Myself personally I would not stick something else into my system that can affect my liver just like my hormones are doing slowly over time as well .. I would rather use common sense and only have sex with tested people and wear protection ...

Lets see how this drug performs over the next 5 years before we all start branding the miracle cure ..

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Junior Poster

Should we be aware of this drug, absolutely, but not as an alternative to safe sex and testing. I had a condom break on me whilst abroad about 6 years ago and so the next day went to a local clinic and was prescribed a 30 day course to reduce (not stop) the likelihood of any infection I was told about 90% if taken with 24 hrs of exposure.

Well all I know is my test 3 months later was negative (but probably would have been anyway) but the 30 days I took the drug for I felt sick and nauseous a side effect of the drug and not something i would ever want to take again

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Also you keep ignoring all the other risks of barebacking, all the STD's that you would be open to getting such as:

Warts, Herpes, Hepatitis, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, etc

All drugs have side effects. Thanks for pointing out the liver concerns, I was unaware.

^The nausea, from what I've read is not common to everyone, and usually goes away after a few weeks. Also, let's stop confusing Truvada with PEP. They are not necessarily interchangeable. Truvada should be taken every day. PEP (which truvada is a part of) is often more harsh and invasive.

If everyone starts taking this now, we can make HIV a rarity within a generation

0 out of 2 members liked this post.