Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Silver Poster

Default Re: Does online dating make you depressed?

I stopped online dating / online looking at the first week of this year.
    Uninstalled Okcupid and Tinder from my phone.
    I still have a profile but at the moment i haven't looked at either for going on 4 months and i would say 20 days....
    honestly.....lot less depressed......i mean big time! so much so that where before i was ready to go on meds to help with my depression....and my anxiety of feeling ugly as fuck and just unwanted...to being ok with myself.
    my work at work has improved
    i can focus better
    my work outs are better
    my mood is better
    and fuck...i even shit better....
    honestly i can't think of any other reason that i feel better than the fact that i've stopped online dating.
    so guys save your self....stop online dating stop feeding the monster save yourself.
    i'm sure it's great for the girls since they get hit on 1k times per day but for us guys...it's hell on earth...save yourself and walk away!

"How you doin!"

Junior Poster

I started online dating and it fucking sucks! Yes it does cause depression. Sent messages to lot of girls and got nothing. Women have double standards on those sites. They say don't comment by saying "Hi" but if your hot say hi all you want. Fucking women on dating site are so fucking shallow! Got to be hot, douchbag,bad boy,or loser. Average guys stay the fuck off those sites not worth your soul.

Silver Poster

It's not you bro...google data from okcupid...i think i had it here in the past....the data is really fucked up.....as a guy....worst thing you can do

"How you doin!"

Silver Poster

i've said it before and i'll say it again....there is nothing more depressing than online dating in the burbs......nothing....i'm sure having cancer is less depressing!
    judas on a fucking stick!

man 30 to late 30's in the burbs fucking sucks...work 12 hours a day bust your ass get promoted make good money and then watch it all go away on a mortgage on a condo you really don't want...but you can't walk away from due to negative equity.....

while you work your ass off all of a sudden you look around and all of your fucking friends are either married or married with kids....selling off their sports cars and motorcycles and skydiving equipment for kids? and so you are left being alone as fuck int he local bar looking like some sort of desperate moron and doing your best to not lower your standards and end up fucking and wifing up a fatty....holy shit life sucks!

and don't even try the drugs to get you out of this hole....what they don't tell you is that if you are suffering from situational depression....all the drugs will do is dull you the fuck our and make you want to off yourself.

word to the wise kids DO NOT MOVE out to the suburbs and expect cute or normal women.....

fuckkkkkk

"How you doin!"

I actually had a decent amount of success dating online over the course of about 9 months and it was very uplifting for a little bit since I was coming off a bad relationship. What amazed me looking back on it is how many emotional ups and downs there were. Every new girl brought new hopes, then we'd either go on a subpar date with no connection or the messages would just drop off for no reason then my optimism would go back in the toilet. Then another "wink" comes in and I'm high as a kite again. It was a rough roller coaster, pretty much every two weeks or so. Not to mention the amount of work that was required to make connections -- checking profiles in the morning before work, responding to emails on lunch and after work, it was like a second job or an all-consuming hobby. Ultimately it seemed to be a lot of games and jumping through hoops while I finally realized that most of the girls on there were looking for that 50 Shades of Gray guy and were ready to turn-and-burn once an upgrade came along. Basically, it was like having your soul in the blender. Once I looked at how much it was costing me between the website's fees and dinner dates, not to mention the emotional toll, I decided to save my money and got into "the hobby".

Silver Poster

CHECK HIS MOTHERFUCKING SHIT OUT!
    EVER WONDER WHY A SIX FIGURE NIGGER WHO HITS THE GYM 4 DAYS A WEEK AND DRIVES A BMW KEEPS GETTING BUSTED UP BITCHES LOOKING AT HIS PROFILE...

" notice that a 5:55 your two curves do not fall on each other? Your peaks are off by what appears to be 2 sigma? As such your "hottest guy" is now being matched with your "average woman" Note, your 3 sigma out guys fall on your median of women.....SO......are you telling me that based on your basic math #okcupid is set up to match the hottest guy with average women? So...can i safely assume that bascially you are "ripping" us guys off? because we are "dumb enough" to keep paying for our memeberships in "hopes" we find a decent woman who is of "equal" attractiveness? while women are lewered in because of a finite number of "good looking" guys? I'm not a rocket scientists i'm just an engineer with an MBA and a six sigma black belt."

"How you doin!"

Senior Member Junior Poster

Maybe part of your problem is you don't look attractive to anyone that you consider attractive enough for you. Your priorities are clearly an issue, as well - how good a girl looks is the most important thing to you. You have time to work out and go rock climbing, but you don't have time to go to a club, bar, or outside in the general public. Where, exactly, would you have the time for a relationship, then? It sounds like the bedroom is the only time - so you should consider investing in paid services. Clearly, something about your mentality isn't working if you're 38 and needing to ask the internet what you're doing wrong. I know a lot of people who live in the suburbs, let alone anywhere else, in dozens of cities, who don't have an issue meeting "attractive" women. Attitude plays a huge part, and yours is absolutely shitty!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Skye; 01-21-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Silver Poster

"how good a girl looks is the most important thing to you."
    >>Yes....because when i do go out that's the first thing you see...you can't see someones personality from across the bar? And if you can then hey you have a super special power and i wish the rest of us had it because it would make for a better world!

You have time to work out and go rock climbing, but you don't have time to go to a club, bar, or outside in the general public.
    >>yeah because you can do those things solo...even rock climbing now....but going out to the bar or club solo....sigh..it stinks! and when all of your friends are married or married with kids you have to make plans a month in advance with them....and omg...ever go to a club with two friends who are married and fighting over something stupid like who didn't take out the garbage last week.....OMG talk about single lady repellent =)

Where, exactly, would you have the time for a relationship, then?
    >>I'm sure i can give up two nights at the gym to enjoy time with someone awesome...and hey who knows maybe we can rock climb together =)

Clearly, something about your mentality isn't working if you're 38 and needing to ask the internet what you're doing wrong.
    >>no just venting....no one ever really tells you how careful you need to be in life...that you need to make hundreds of friends when you are young because you will loose so many as you get older due to well...work, life, kids and other....so just venting a little....better into the void of the net than to a friend who has their own problem due to forgetting to take out the garbage...

I know a lot of people who live in the suburbs, let alone anywhere else, in dozens of cities, who don't have an issue meeting "attractive" women.
    >>lucky kids =) well i hope to be as lucky one day..we will see?

Attitude plays a huge part, and yours is absolutely shitty!
    >>you sure you don't want to hug it out?

"How you doin!"

Silver Poster

I've often wondered while i work 12 hour days in my office, swiping right or left on the Dating apps....
    If online dating on average crushes a mans soul.....does it lift up a womans spirits?
    I mean let's be honest, i can sit and drink one beer and swipe right as hard as i could and get rejected 99.99% of the time
    But a woman can sit down and and during that one beer have hundreds of positive emails sent to her telling her she is the prettiest thing in the world......

"How you doin!"

Senior Member Professional Poster gaysian71's Avatar

Wow, sounds like a lot of people dislike online dating including me. I'm not saying that it's bad because I have had some success. But it ends up being almost a waste of time chore more than fun.

The best solution is,just going out in the real world. I can go to a club or bar and mingle with a lot of people and have far better luck just talking to people. Plus it's a ton of fun just going out. If you are friendly to enough people, going out by yourself can turn into a pretty good party.