Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default Remy Ma

Rapper Remy Ma arrested in shooting
    By Sophia Chang
    sophia.chang@newsday.com

Email this story
    Printer friendly format
    July 15, 2007, 1:32 PM EDT
    Grammy-nominated rapper Remy Ma was arrested on charges of attempted murder in a shooting outside a trendy Manhattan nightspot, police said.

The 26-year-old rapper, whose real name is Remy Smith, had been sought for questioning in the shooting of a 23-year-old woman early Saturday after a verbal dispute near a bar in the Meatpacking District. She reported to police Saturday evening and was also arrested on charges of assault and criminal possession of a weapon, police said.

The rapper's manager said Saturday that she could not talk and referred calls to Remy Ma's attorney, who was with the rapper as she reported to police.

"I ask everyone to keep an open mind," attorney Scott Leemon said. "Things are not always as they seem."

He said an arraignment would be likely be held on Sunday.

A 911 call reporting gunfire led police to a woman with a gunshot wound. Three blocks away, officers discovered a luxury SUV owned by Remy Ma; the vehicle had been involved in a single-car crash and abandoned, police said.

The victim, Makeda Barnes-Joseph, was in stable condition at a hospital.

Sasha Tcherekoff, owner of the Pizza Bar, said a review of security videotape taken inside his nightspot showed the rapper and her friends having a good time before they exited.

"The police have indicated to us that the altercation happened a block away," the owner said. "The security tapes determined there was no physical or verbal altercation while they were in the Pizza Bar."

Remy Ma was nominated for a Grammy as part of the Terror Squad for the 2004 summer smash "Lean Back." She also earned the "Best Female Hip Hop" award at the 2005 BET Awards.

She went on to a solo career, releasing last year's "There's Something About Remy." She has appeared on recordings with best-selling performers including Fat Joe, Eminem and R. Kelly, according to a biography on her Web site.

Look who's smiling now???
    I bet he set that shit up

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Junior Poster

I can already hear the stampede of ignorant comment coming down the pike.

I'll check back later!

Personally, I think he's a Piece-'O'-Shit fuckhead, anyway.

Platinum Poster

yeah what does fat ass have to do w/ it? i read the article on yahoo bout the same time you were posting it.... i dont care for her, or her style of music.

Default Re: Remy Ma

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Rapper Remy Ma arrested in shooting
    By Sophia Chang
    sophia.chang@newsday.com

Email this story
    Printer friendly format
    July 15, 2007, 1:32 PM EDT
    Grammy-nominated rapper Remy Ma was arrested on charges of attempted murder in a shooting outside a trendy Manhattan nightspot, police said.

The 26-year-old rapper, whose real name is Remy Smith, had been sought for questioning in the shooting of a 23-year-old woman early Saturday after a verbal dispute near a bar in the Meatpacking District. She reported to police Saturday evening and was also arrested on charges of assault and criminal possession of a weapon, police said.

The rapper's manager said Saturday that she could not talk and referred calls to Remy Ma's attorney, who was with the rapper as she reported to police.

"I ask everyone to keep an open mind," attorney Scott Leemon said. "Things are not always as they seem."

He said an arraignment would be likely be held on Sunday.

A 911 call reporting gunfire led police to a woman with a gunshot wound. Three blocks away, officers discovered a luxury SUV owned by Remy Ma; the vehicle had been involved in a single-car crash and abandoned, police said.

The victim, Makeda Barnes-Joseph, was in stable condition at a hospital.

Sasha Tcherekoff, owner of the Pizza Bar, said a review of security videotape taken inside his nightspot showed the rapper and her friends having a good time before they exited.

"The police have indicated to us that the altercation happened a block away," the owner said. "The security tapes determined there was no physical or verbal altercation while they were in the Pizza Bar."

Remy Ma was nominated for a Grammy as part of the Terror Squad for the 2004 summer smash "Lean Back." She also earned the "Best Female Hip Hop" award at the 2005 BET Awards.

She went on to a solo career, releasing last year's "There's Something About Remy." She has appeared on recordings with best-selling performers including Fat Joe, Eminem and R. Kelly, according to a biography on her Web site.

Look who's smiling now???
    I bet he set that shit up
    First of all she outta be arrested for that crazy hair she wears.
    But seriously.....I would say this is KINDA bad but it seems like shooting are commonplace for rap artists.
    I feel bad because the chic she shot(allegedly) is attractive.
    Remy Ma is a "B" level rapper anyways.........
    Hey maybe this will get her publicity and she can come out with an album that actually sells.

But then again.....I THINK HIP HOP IS GARBAGE.

I don't care if either of them live or die! I give the Roman "Thumbs Down"(Symbolically) to both. Would you have felt better, had I been more general, and said they are both POS Fuckheads?

just one less wack rapper to worry about. in the rap community, more and more it seems that a verbal confrontation ends with a gun poppin off. its really sad

New Orleans, no place like home.

Junior Poster

yes, remy is such a scandal. i heard about this yesterday. one of my girlfriends was in that area when it happened.

i feel bad for the girl makeda who is her friend of 15years.

.this is kielymarie, i forgot my password AGAIN.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother

sure about that?!? lol

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother

sure about that?!? lol
    Compared to Remy that is!