Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Question about breast augmentation.

Well, I've always kind of wondered this, but why is it for some reason necessary for tgirls nipples to have to be cut during breast augmentation? It seems that soooo many tgirls I see have visible scar tissue around that area, yet for some reason most other women only need to have the type where they go in from underneath or to the side of the breast.

I considered it for a while, and I figured that it must be a difference in starting size and finish size. As in, if a woman wanted to go from a C to a D, she could simply go for the through-the-side method; but if she wanted to go from an A to a D, would that somehow necessitate surgery on the nipples?

Anyway, there's always the possibility that I'm just out of my mind and all breast augmentation surgeries require this, but it's mostly just something I've always wanted to ask.

All doctors are differen't in the way they do implants. The newest is to go through the armpit which is faster and normally scarless. I did it twice through the nipple and once through the side underneath. You just have to decide which way you want it and which doctor will do it that way. Hope that helps.

Professional Poster

I agree and can see the visible scar also, and honestly always wondered the same thing your asking? If the scar looks so poor why do most girls keep having implants done through this technique?

I am not 100 percent sure, but what I heard is that males have different muscling through the chest area. Due to this muscling, you can get what is know as the "double bubble", so placement of the implant is very important. The "double bubble" is when the implant settles and your pectoral muscle stands above the implant making it look like you have 4 tits instead of 2, lol. The "double bubble" most often happens from entering under the breast and placing the implant through this technique, because the implant is a placed a little lower.

So when you enter through the nipple the chances of getting the double bubble are slim, but you get that awful scar and the skin looks and feels so tight you could bounce a quarter off some of these girls tits.

I have had my breast done 3 times and each time through an incision underneath in the fold of my breast. I got the double bubble the first 2 times. The 3rd they turned out perfect and I couldn't be happier today. They feel very soft and are very bouncy (unlike most implant).

very true, scarring can be terrible when dont thru the nipple. thats atually where i got my incision but the doctor did a great job and even while smokin (which can really slow the healing process and darken scars) i hardly have any visible scarring. I have to say tho, that the thought of getting implants done thru the bellybutto frightens me terribly. Also with incision in the under arm area i was so scared that the breasts would have a huge gap in between. After talking with my doctor i took a lot into consideration when making my choice of incision. Most doctors have more experience performing the operation thru the nipple, guiding the implant into place is simpler, and more likely to have a better outcome, plus the length of surgeryh time/loss of blood... etc. i had one nipple which was much bigger than the other so it was pretty obvious what my decision would be. She plopped in the titty and removed some or my right aereola to make it match my left. I dont know if many other girls hd the same issue, but that was mine. Im thinking of going bigger and i think im gonna go thru the nipple again, but scarring is definately a concern for me now. i lucked out once already i dont wanna play russian roulette now!

Rookie Poster

1/Why is it that most Thai tgirls get underarm boob jobs. Whilst most T-girls from Latin America get the chest slice? Is the reason money; aestetics; etc?

2/I'm just curious. Which proceedure is more expensive. Underarm; chest bone slice; or nipple?

3/I agree, that underarm is best looking. But disagree that the nipple cut looks less attrative. The nipple cut's scar is hidden as it contours into natural curve of the nipple.

Whilst slicing the chest leaves a large visible telephone-cut under the breasts, which cannot contour into anything.

Men don't like the chest slice.

Professional Poster

I had all my boob jobs done from an incision under my breast. The scar is so fine and small you cant even see it. It is flat so the texture is fine, then I put vitamin E oil on it. Now you cant even see it.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by NYTSJulie
    I have had my breast done 3 times and each time through an incision underneath in the fold of my breast. I got the double bubble the first 2 times. The 3rd they turned out perfect and I couldn't be happier today. They feel very soft and are very bouncy (unlike most implant).
    Hi Julie - I'm planning to get implants soon, hopefully DD's - and I thought I'd done my homework... but this is the first I've heard of the double bubble.

Can you tell me, were your implants put under the muscle or not? And woudl that make a difference in the risk of a dbl bbl?

And what if anything did the Dr. do different to avoid it a third time?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hugs,
    TS Jamie

- And yeah, I know guys you don't want me to get implants but I'm gonna do it anyway...

Rookie Poster

Actually the newest method is not all that new and has other complications, risks, and technical difficulties...

The way is to actually make only a single incision within, around the circumference of the ambilicus (belly button). It's more complicated of course, and you can insert only small silicone's - but more effective to use inflatable saline's ... doctors are still becoming proficient ... but So much MORE attractive in the end (scar wise) ... but I hate, hate implants anyway

Junior Poster

Breast Augmentation has gotten REALLY better over the years. LOTS of new techniques and approaches that have really helped to better the process. Some Plastic Surgeons use different incision sites to help better agree with the patients wants and needs. Most T girls seem to get really small breast implants. The peri-aeriola aprroach is fine for this. Especially if going the saline route. The saline implant can be drained, rolled tightly and inserted and filled again. This is fine. Leaving VERY little scarring.Which is what most ladies want. But for the daring like myself, for which whom require BIGGER implants have to go alternate routes. Like myself for exmaple. I have had 2 Breast Augmentations and currently planning my third.

The First time, (5/12/06)

I went for 440cc o/f to 460cc Saline,Anatomical,Textured, Under the mucle, w/ Crease Incision.
    A failry large implant for considering the amount of saline. I didnt choose to go through the nipple in fear of losing nipple sensation. And I made that very clear to my PS. But I would NEVER go against what my PS reccomends. After all he is the "PROFESSIONAL"

Pre BA: 36AAA
    Post BA: 36 Mid C

The Second time (5/15/07)

I opted for 800cc SILICONE,Round,Smooth,High Profile,Under the mucle,w/Crease incision. And I am absolutely glad I made the choice. VERY soft 3 weeks out unlike my saline. they jiggle and wiggle when I walk...lol I dont think I will ever get over that good feeling. At night when i sleep they go everywhich way but loose...hehehehe, but never the less a VERY LARGE implant. So large, that the peri- aeriola approach would not be appropriate. So Crease or an under the fold incision would be best. And unlike saline...... ALL silicone implants, They come pre-filled. and there is no draining and re-filling. One of the reasons Sili costs so much more than Saline.

Pre BA: 36 Full C
    Post BA: 36DD/E (Small E)

The third time (??/??/????) I hope......1000 - 1100cc !

I dunno though. Have a LOT of thinking to do. I REALLY love my silicone. But 850cc is high as it goes when it comes to sili. Saline on the other hand can be over filled and my goal met. Then warrenty VOIDED!!!

Pre BA: 36DD
    Post BA: 36 FULL E/ (Small F) I HOPE!

In conclusion, Many girls go different routes for different reasons. There is not set standerd. There is...... but there isn't......If that makes sense.

DECISIONS DECISIONS DECISIONS!!!!!!!

*sigh*

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

I just woke up, and see that we are talking about breast augmentation.
    I'm not fully awake, and haven't had my cup of tea yet, so my
    contribution to the the discussion is from a previous post:

There are a number of variables that will impact your recovery time, and
    your degree of discomfort, and overall results.

1. How the surgery is performed;

The method of inserting and positioning your implant will depend on your
    anatomy and your surgeon's recommendation. The incision can be made
    either in the crease where the breast meets the chest, around the areola
    (the dark skin surrounding the nipple), or in the armpit.

In addition, a saline implant may be placed through an incision at the
    navel. This is known as the TUBA (Transumbilical Breast Augmentation)

As a woman of color, I am particularly mindful of the incision site,
    as I am prone to keloiding. My BA incision site was in the armpit, and
    there was minimal scarring.

2. Your pain threshold;

Different people have different levels of pain tolerance. But overall, you
    should be back on your feet in a day or so. And you should be able to
    return to work or school in about 3 days, unless your work is of a
    particularly physically taxing nature. Ideally, try to have the BA done
    over a three day weekend.

As to the proper size, that would be a decision best left to you and your
    surgeon. All 5"6', 100 lb women do not have the same frame size, nor
    do all of them have the same aesthetic result in mind.

As a caveat to any transwoman reading this, I would strongly suggest that
    you have some adipose tissue generated by HRT before having a breast
    augmentation done.

You will in all likelihood be very displeased if you were to have a BA on
    a 'boy' chest. The results will be very obvious to you and others that there
    is something unnatural about your breasts.

Finally, unless your intentions are to work in the adult entertainment
    industry I would lean to to a size that is appropriate for your height,
    weight, and race.