Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Default Re: Artificial Super Intelligence - are we ready for it?

I'm hoping that each group will be divided up into there own sections, and be allowed to pursue there own unique foolishness, without bothering the others. Similar to the way Mennonites and Amish are separated from the rest of the Society.
    That's what I'm looking forwards to AI, soft or hard.We all have our biases and histories, and only AI acting between us ,can we move forward, if at all.

I'm pretty sure we can't Govern our self's , without causing misery and destruction in the long term.Evolution has forced this on us. For Good /Bad.

"Nothing wrong with social justice."

As long as it affects men. Hey TRISH, fuck men's right's .
    It's ok to limit there choices, hey TRISH.
    SOCIAL INJUSTICE, trish , did I get you right.EH as long as it's fucking MEN over!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Of course justice is for (and should therefore affect) all people regardless of their gender. But are we talking justice or rights? If we're talking rights, it's not a zero-sum game as you seem to think. Recognizing the rights of others doesn't entail losing your own. I'm not for limiting anyone's choices if those choices constitute a real liberty and not just a mere advantage based on prejudice.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Apparently smart phones are in their last phase of development as 'neural laces' are developed which will link our brains to computing technology. No need to carry around all those gadgets, when all you need do is blink and get connected. And of course 'they' can connect directly to you...thus Elon Musk has created a firm called Neuralink -

with a goal of building computers into our brains by way of "neural lace," a very early-stage technology that lays on your brain and bridges it to a computer. It's the next step beyond even that blending of the digital and physical worlds, as human and machine become one

And with the current White House loudspeaker blaming the Constitution for 100 days of failure, we see the future (without that damn Constitution), and the future is Orange...(as the ad in the UK used to say)
    https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/sm...145451788.html

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I think it will be better if we could understand how the brain works , thereby , how the mind works, first. Then , we should merge with the devices, neurally. At least we could trust that more than a totally autonomous intelligence. Think of it as using Nature as model to build on rather than unknown entity. It seems to me the more prudent approach. But , Stavro , after reading your last entry , it does feel way to invasive for my liking. Nevertheless , it would be the more prudent approach considering the alternative .